Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need Some Advice
I agree with the ones who believe you should come out. And you never know, your sister might be more accepting than you think (you said your sister is slightly homophobic). As for your mom... I think it's great that she would be accepting and tell people. Not everyone has that. So yeah, I think it would be good to come out!

I agree with the others... come out now. You don't have to come out screaming to EVERYONE.

You're young... and gay. I can almost guarantee you that in 5 years most everyone you think is your friend now won't be in 5 years. You're on separate paths. You'll be going to gay bars, making new gay friends, doing stuff with a BF... while they're all getting married, having kids, worrying about mortgages and watching sports...

You're going to have about as much interest in their lives as they're going to have in yours.

I want to thank everyone for their advice and amazing support. It took a while, but I am happy to announce that I came out to my sister and mother a couple of days ago. Their response was very positive and loving. Step 1 has been made, now I am slowly letting people I trust know. Thanks guys!

Let me be the first to say "CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Congratulations! Or should I say lekker bezig en gefeliciteerd Wink

Vincee, it adds a generous dose of happy to my day to know that you have made this big step successfully. It is something that I could never have done at your age. The more it happens the better. We can all look forward to the day when comig out is no longer necessary and acceptance is the norm. Congratulations.
I bid NO Trump!