Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need advice about coming out
Well I do have two sisters. I wouldn't want to come out to them because we feud too much and they will wind up spilling the beans of out anger. The reason I have to be worried about my parents reaction so much is because my means of finances is through my dads business. I own part of it. I know sounds wierd considering my age but its my passion. I own a used car dealership. So if i come out and we don't speak then I don't know what would happen to my income and then I would lose my house and everything else. But I have another job lined up selling cars for someone else. So right now I have the oppurtunity to still be in the same job field, doing what I love and relocate. If worse comes to worse that is. I just like to have my bases covered. I guess my situation is a little different. And yes I think deep down my parents know I am gay. They have caught me before in situations and they just try to forget it happened and pray that I was going through a phase and that I would grow out of it. They are in denial. But I think for the most part if, you met me you wouldn't know I was gay either. I am probly the most manly gay guy out there haha

And thanks for the replies...Just being able to vent a little is really helping. I think once I get this new job for sure then I will try and reach out to my cousin. Thing is it will have to be through texts because he is about 30 hours away from me.

Hello,
I would say that maybe coming out to your parents may change their views.. I know it changed my grandmothers view when i come out to her at 17. Another factor in life with relationships is a lot of guys want to be able to call you their boyfriend at all times for equality rights rather than pull the sheet down and refer to you as friend. This is how one of my relationships died.. What i would do in your situation is see it like this:

Life is a journey and this will be my decider

Come out to parents then im left with two options

Option A: If they go mad and donjt want to know i know this job is going to be right and move with the flow of it

Option B: They accept it i know i got my security here still and then can decide on a basis of 50/50 whether to move or not..

With regards to relationships dont fret about them because ill be completely honest with you

After 6 1/2 years with my ex whos now sadly left me... Im dead happy to be bloody single....

Big hugz

Aunty Zeon xx

Well guys I have an update. I just came out to my cousin like we had discussed in other posts. He is very happy that I told him and is helping me vent and answering questions. I feel a weight lifted already. It was really scary just telling him, I can only imagine my parents but its a start. Smile

Things I learned...

Coming out is a continual process, but it gets easier each time.

Smile

First let me say welcome back.
Sweetie if the time feels right ,and you are comfortable ,go for it .

You will be surprised how people change their tune ,when it is one of their own.

We are all here for you , so keep us posted.

Yes I am hoping that is an outcome, that my parents may change their tune once I confess my secret. It is getting close, I can't wait til it is all out in the open. Just to see what friends I really have for one. And two if my parents can over come this obstacle. Still waiting on that new job to come through, so once thats done I think things will come a little easier for me. I will update everyone as things progress. And thank you everyone for your support along the way. It really means a lot to me. I am having me some wine tonight and going through my options and cheers to y'all

Keep us posted and, all the best to you in this.

Do it when you feel its right. If you're ok financially and have a home of your own, by all means.