Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need advice desperately
I am a proud gay man my parents treat me different bc I'm gay and other issues
I'm not sure what to do I enjoy being with other men it's whom I am I am trustworthy but my parent don't think so I live with a roommate a non gay man he's cool but I don't get no money from him for bills my mother thinks it's all my fault
Help last min advice is needed before I cut ties with fam ( tho I do think it's best for me at rimes to do so)

Not sure what you want advice on. Why don't your parents think you're trustworthy, and what are the "other issues"? Take a deep breath, sit back, make a list and then share it with us. We'll be happy to share from our own experiences as best as we can.

I'm going to agree with your mom, somewhat. It is your fault, at least partially- your fault that you are 33 and letting your parents have this much control over your life. You don't have to cut off your family, you just need to make your own decisions. If the roommate is not paying to be there, throw him out. Why should it make a difference what your mom thinks in that regard? Why does she have any control over that kind of a decision in your life?

I'd be kicking out any room mate, gay or straight, who wasn't paying his way and expecting to live for free off me.

So what exactly is the issue?

Definitely need some more information - if you are willing to share it with us.

I know how difficult it is in trying to get somebody to do something - we all have different ways of handling conflict [myself, I have generally undertaken the Ostrich approach].

Let us know some more details. Good luck with it, things do sound stressful.

Guys what I am saying is my mom thinks it's my fault for letting the bill go high yes it is partially but the other hand I ask my roomies for the money but I never get it for the bill so they don't pay their share I don't pay at all finally the main issue here is my gayness I need more friends whom are gay so I know more about my lgbt members I feel isolated need someone who cares about me my parents are nothing they feel I am not that kind of person where I can talk to the
But lately the relationship is severely strain beyond from salvage

There are two seperate issues here 1 that my parents will never let things in the past to them I'm still breaking rules I'm still misbehaving other words I need to a perfect 100 to impress them

The other issue is my lifestyle they can't accept who I am do I really care? Frankly no cause I have non gay friends who are supportive 100% all the way. I can't face them our relationship so far strain it's beyond salvageable even my landlord is great with my gayness it's who am I am not what I am god bless her heart so I tried to get my parents involved in my life but they do t seem interested never were in fact

It sounds like you're doing just fine. The problem isn't on your end, so let your parents worry about that one. The roommate not paying his share sounds odd though.

Sounds like you deffently have a problem with your roommate, why is he living with you for free?

Yeah now it's why by gas is 300