Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need advice desperately
He's not he barely has a stable income he pays only half of our agreement

You can't change the way your parents behave - you can only change the way that you react to it. I wouldn't advise any dramatic "cutting you out of my life" scene, but maybe just start severely limiting the time you spend with them. If you're truly comfortable within yourself about who and what you are, their opinion doesn't matter.
As for the roommate - I guess I'm not clear about whether his failure to contribute bothers you seriously or not. Are you helping him through a temporary bad spell? Can you afford to? And who is really upset about the situation, you or your parents?

Your parents are going to be homophobic and it seems there's nothing you can do about it. But that's okay (I know it's hard). You are your own man and you can choose to live your life the way YOU want to. You don't have to seek for anyone's approval but your own.

And why isn't your roommate paying for anything? If it's his way for being "cool" that you're gay, then that's messed up.

I'm sensing there is something more to this story you're not telling us.

Your gas bill is over $300.00 because slacker roomie is not paying his share.
Your parents are snobs and think you are f'd up period and then gay on top of it, so even more reason to not trust you I guess.

It sounds like though, you needed help paying the gas bill and asked your parents but they said no because you are being irresponsible or having a slacker roomie.

not sure where being gay fits into all this other than it being an added excuse for your snobby parents to not help you.

no reason to cut them out of your life.
call the utility company and ask for assistance, setup a payment arrangement with them, they will also direct you to charities who can help pay a portion of the bill. If not, donate blood plasma, or sperm. sell stuff on craigslist. kick the roomie out and bring in one who will pay their bills.

Gaylonelyman Wrote:Guys what I am saying is my mom thinks it's my fault for letting the bill go high yes it is partially but the other hand I ask my roomies for the money but I never get it for the bill so they don't pay their share I don't pay at all finally the main issue here is my gayness I need more friends whom are gay so I know more about my lgbt members I feel isolated need someone who cares about me my parents are nothing they feel I am not that kind of person where I can talk to the
But lately the relationship is severely strain beyond from salvage

See red words above

[SIZE="5"]You mean there's more than one room mate that is not paying?????? Okay ONE room mate not paying his bills might be a problem with that one room mate. If you have multiple room mates and none of them are paying then bills then YOU ARE THE PROBLEM.

Dude you are wrong about what you think is the main issue. It's not your gayness or a need for gay friends..... You do need people who care about you and if you go to the bathroom and look in the mirror you'll see the first person who should be on that list.
[/SIZE]

I tell people this all the time and I'm telling you now.
If you are not trying to be the person YOU want to spend the rest of your life with don't be too disappointed when no one else wants to do it for you.

You're letting people run over you and until you yourself put a stop to that you are going to just keep making the same mistakes over and over. Get some help finding out why you let yourself get into situations where you're being run over and then take efforts to correct the behavior.

And good luck

Ty man will certainly take that seriously I will fix it I greatly appreciate it

Oh yeah it was two roomies but one gotten evicted for a whole different issue I did ask money over and over and gotten nothing so I think right now is going to court to get the money from them if I have too I stand correctedc my apologies on that two roommates tomorrow I am filing papers for court and I am on limited income as well so that my bills are more than what I make so the first step I need to make is being more agressive if I don't get money for my bills for the utilities we share than they don't get money for bills in their name for untilities we share make sense ?

^no really, now it's even more confusing and the bad grammar and bad typing does not help matters in trying to understand what's going on to be able to offer any support or guidance.

1. Get rid of existing room mates
2. Collect many cardboard boxes suitable for moving.
3. Go to Home Depot and buy extra lock sets for every door in the house.
4. Interview new room-mates and explain in great detail that failure to pay rent on time = CONSEQUENCES.
5. If new room-mates are late, change locks on all doors
6. Pack their stuff and sit it outside.

Gaylonelyman Wrote:I am a proud gay man my parents treat me different bc I'm gay and other issues
I'm not sure what to do I enjoy being with other men it's whom I am I am trustworthy but my parent don't think so I live with a roommate a non gay man he's cool but I don't get no money from him for bills my mother thinks it's all my fault
Help last min advice is needed before I cut ties with fam ( tho I do think it's best for me at rimes to do so)

I get you, my parents used to blame everything about my life on me being gay, and if you aren't getting $ for bills from your room mate, your parents are right to say something, however what they are saying is wrong as it has nothing to do with you being gay, how can your room mate be living for free? Are you paying his bills? If so, I suggest you stop, regardless of how cool he is. You should speak to your parents, tell them that you agree that its wrong that he isnt paying bills with you, and that doesn't relate to your sexuality in any way.
( I hardly had any sleep so I think im just rambling again l0l) but hope I was useful