Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need advice on making a decision
I did come to the conclusion that i;m not ready yet, but it seems to me that its impossible to meet with other gay men where i live without it first being about casual sex.

Virge Wrote:OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NO ONE HAS WARNED HIM ABOUT CRAB LICE BODY LICE, HEAD LICE, AND SCABIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There have been cases of gay men getting heart worms from sex doggy style.

The guy seems genuinely worried about his health and came back here to ask US for help and information. You already took a dig at his ignorance on page 1. Ok, you "excused" it, but I really don't understand why you came back to further taunt him, Virge.

JackBoneTX Wrote:The guy seems genuinely worried about his health and came back here to ask US for help and information. You already took a dig at his ignorance on page 1. Ok, you "excused" it, but I really don't understand why you came back to further taunt him, Virge.

Because reading all the fact based info presented here is enough to make a newbie suicidal or OCD. I had to throw in some light hearted and hopefully entertaining sarcasm just to save innocent lives from seppuku.

I've thought of more even more exotic possible diseases in case this thread goes on a few more pages...

the truth of the matter is that im not terribly concerned about my personnel health, i was casually reading about STD's until i saw a picture of a baby with herpes and the caption said that he was infected through kissing, this is what precisely freaked me out, i don't want to be a danger to my family.

I realize that this topic is essentially just me freaking out, but sometimes i need someone to talk to even if its strangers across the globe Smile.

And while initially i did feel that virge was down playing my concerns, but now his posts actually eased me up a little Tongue

dilema Wrote:the truth of the matter is that im not terribly concerned about my personnel health, i was casually reading about STD's until i saw a picture of a baby with herpes and the caption said that he was infected through kissing, this is what precisely freaked me out, i don't want to be a danger to my family.

so you have access to gayspeak.com but not en.wikipedia.org ?

i don't mean to come off mean, but you'd rather ask a bunch of anonymous people who may or may not be up to date on STDs rather than look up a site that has most common angles and concerns on a given subject covered enough for the beginner looking for info?

like this page:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herpes_simplex

it tells you how herpes is transmitted and when it occurs. and the fact that it is not curable, only manageable. you didn't bother to read that one? you can find information on infected babies but not the most basic info that you'll get just by running a simple google search on 'herpes'?

take an hour of your life, read from quality sources, and educate yourself a little. rather than going with 3rd person point of views that may or may not be correct. not to mention getting all scared out of your head over a single photograph on the internet.

it also covers oral sex and STDs:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oral_sex#Se...infections

[MENTION=21405]meridannight[/MENTION], Your not obliged to participate in this thread if you think its unnecessary , and i did my research for hours before posting, i came here to have an actual personnel conversation with you guys and ease my fears, it's psychological help.

dilema Wrote:can kissing spread STD's?

only herpes.

dilema Wrote:And while initially i did feel that virge was down playing my concerns, but now his posts actually eased me up a little Tongue

[SIZE="7"][COLOR="Red"]Thanks
Dilenema![/COLOR][/SIZE]

There are already too many serious people on earth and i try not to be one of them more than I have to. You got some great advice from others and I hope #1. you absorb it and #2. and don't get all freaked out about it. Have fun, explore and take advantage of this great thing called sex before they figure out how to tax and regulate it.

and don't take your new nickname too seriously, I've given warped ones to about every guy in here... just for fun.

BTW there are no sexually transmitted diseases you can catch from marine mammals, fish or amphibians, manequins, small livestock, turkeys, ducks and holes in leather upholstered bucket seats in cars of parents or room mates.

dilema Wrote:@meridannight, Your not obliged to participate in this thread if you think its unnecessary , and i did my research for hours before posting, i came here to have an actual personnel conversation with you guys and ease my fears, it's psychological help.

you did research for hours before posting and still you didn't find the answer to this simple question:

Quote:and can kissing spread STD's? if so. then how come everyone is ok with kissing if it can pass STDs?

the answer to that is on every page out there ever written on herpes.

your claims do not add up. you asked questions in your original post. questions you wouldn't have needed to ask had you actually done any research.

First of all, why so aggressive?

I know it can be transmitted through kissing, but yet everyone does it, i made this thread to hear about how you deal with such risks, and im not going to continue to argue with you ,