Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need advice on meeting people
I can totally empathize about nerves and chickening out about meeting someone you've only talked to online. The only dates I've been on were with guys I'd met online and it's always a little awkward to see how that will translate in person.

The best advice I can give is to just man up and force yourself to meet them. The way I look at it is that the worst that will happen is that you spend 30-60 minutes (if you do a dinner date) feeling awkward with someone that you'll never have to see again. The best thing that will happen is that you meet the love of your life and are never lonely again! It's worth the risk.

djharris79 Wrote:I'm going on 33 years old now, I have never been in a gay relationship. I have no clue on how to approach a guy. I can't tell if a guy is straight or not and I have never been to gay bars. I feel so clueless and lonely and I don't know what to do. I have tried this one dating site and a guy asked to meet and chickened out so I made up excuses. I have his phone number but I can't call him cause I don't know what to say. Should I go to gay bars to meet people or what should I do? Help! Don't want to be alone and miserable and 40. Sad

Dude, check out Faces downtown Sacramento it is crazy fun. Have the guy meet you there and if there is no chemistry you have a good exit scenario.