Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need cheering up...
Lately, I've been feeling down. My love life is stagnantly empty and the situation that I'm in only worsens it. My country is very anti-gay, so establishments like gay bars do not exist here. I want to meet somebody that I can love with my heart and soul, but am never granted the opportunity. I want to be kissed and held by somebody who loves me, but in this country, finding someone is impossible. I have no gay male friends. The only existant gay scene in this town is that of the lesbians. A nice bunch, but associating with them brings me no closer to what I want - what I crave for.

Please, I just need some cheering up, some advice that will help me see the bright side again...

*hugs*
One thing you can remember is that "The only constant in life is change".

[COLOR="Purple"]Sorry to hear that youre feeling down Jay but remember that youre still young and there is a lot of time for love.

Stick around the girls and maybe a nice guy will come round as well... not sure this is best as I dont know much about Namibia but maybe join a gay rights group (maybe you can find a group to join where meetings take place online - maybe a facebook group in Namibia). Just dont give up the right fight!

More Bighug [/COLOR]

Hi Jay. It all sounds difficult and unfair. Would you want to make contact with the Rainbow Project? I haven't come across any recent news or information about he situation in Namibia, but being illegal is not a promising start and it seems that several politicians have some very negative views.

I know there should be no reason to be made to leave your home country, but how long might it be before you are able to travel outside Namibia and charge up those batteries of yours in the company of some like minded people in a more gay friendly environment?

It's kind of become a taboo subject in Namibia, so nobody talks about it anymore. I'm studying at the moment and not making any money, so I'm stuck in Namibia until I can afford to leave. My future dream is actually to move to London and make a living there.

Thanks for all the advice, guys. I appreciate your comments.

I hope you're able to realise your dream to move to London as soon as you finish your studies (if not before). Good luck.

They have found the cure for HIV An Cancer hit me at