Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need help guys
I would lean to think that is most likely the case. That being said, stay in a public place...keep it simple, probably for the first few dates anyway.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

bryyzy Wrote:...I was out last night and had a few drinks and I cant remember what happened 100% ...

bryyzy Wrote:I don't have a drinking problem. ...

[Image: I-Dont-Have-A-Drinking-Problem.jpg]

I didn't pass out. I was 90% in control of myself and I could still walk. If you think I have a drinking problem then most of my peers do as well. I don't need to be judged. ^

Thanks to you guys though. With the exception of one person. But you have been helpful. I really appreciate it

bryyzy Wrote:I didn't pass out. I was 90% in control of myself and I could still walk. If you think I have a drinking problem then most of my peers do as well. I don't need to be judged. ^
No judgement. You can do whatever the fuck you want. IDGAS. Its just that you say you don't remember... and I'm saying THAT s a problem... one that *could* get worse. If your peers are getting that sotted, then, yeah, I'd say they do have a problem. Just because everyone's doing it doesn't mean its a fine thing to do. Again, IDGAF... I've probably consumed more illicit drugs in my life time than you can even contemplate. BUT... I've never used them as an excuse for not being in control of my life or my choices.

bryyzy Wrote:I didn't pass out. I was 90% in control of myself and I could still walk. If you think I have a drinking problem then most of my peers do as well. I don't need to be judged. ^

No you don't need to be judged, but when you open up parts of your life like this judgements are going to occur whether you like it or not. You can't say you were 90% in control of yourself if you can't remember the finer details of what happened during this evening. Young peoples general attitude to drinking as seen in society is always going to gain disapproval, but that is not to say there aren't older people doing the same.

MikeW Wrote:No judgement. You can do whatever the fuck you want. IDGAS. Its just that you say you don't remember... and I'm saying THAT s a problem... one that *could* get worse. If your peers are getting that sotted, then, yeah, I'd say they do have a problem. Just because everyone's doing it doesn't mean its a fine thing to do. Again, IDGAF... I've probably consumed more illicit drugs in my life time than you can even contemplate. BUT... I've never used them as an excuse for not being in control of my life or my choices.

Your first post can very easily be taken as a judgement towards bryyzy even though you were generalising about young people who drink too much, you do have a valid point with that but if you wanted to help young people curb the excessive drinking then there are other ways to do this.

Do you realise how much of a mixed message you give young people when you say that they shouldn't drink too much to avoid potentially painful consequences and then blowing it all off by saying "IDGAF"? You may not have had these issues when taking drugs but as someone who has probably experienced more then most on this forum you could at least use your experience to try and steer others in a better direction, your replies on this thread can be seen as aggressive.

MikeW Wrote:No judgement. You can do whatever the fuck you want. IDGAS. Its just that you say you don't remember... and I'm saying THAT s a problem... one that *could* get worse. If your peers are getting that sotted, then, yeah, I'd say they do have a problem. Just because everyone's doing it doesn't mean its a fine thing to do. Again, IDGAF... I've probably consumed more illicit drugs in my life time than you can even contemplate. BUT... I've never used them as an excuse for not being in control of my life or my choices.

Mike, I regard you as one of the wiser members of the forum. Someone who usually talks sense and offers very good advice but this time I think you're being a bit harsh on this guy. The OP, in my opinion, was not using his 'drunkedness' as any sort of excuse. Merely as a reason why he couldn't be certain.
Many young men (and women) get drunk and can't remember every thing they did. Many get a lot worse than that. It doesn't necessarily mean they have a drink problem. It's their way of having fun. And although you claim it's not judging, sorry, but it does come across like that.

MikeMercury Wrote:Mike, I regard you as one of the wiser members of the forum. Someone who usually talks sense and offers very good advice but this time I think you're being a bit harsh on this guy. The OP, in my opinion, was not using his 'drunkedness' as any sort of excuse. Merely as a reason why he couldn't be certain.
Many young men (and women) get drunk and can't remember every thing they did. Many get a lot worse than that. It doesn't necessarily mean they have a drink problem. It's their way of having fun. And although you claim it's not judging, sorry, but it does come across like that.
Yeah, I'm a mean old man. Rolleyes

Anyone who uses a substance and then can't remember whether or not they gave someone their phone number has a problem with that substance. That isn't a judgement. That's a fact. They can deny it all they want. Say it is what all their friends do. Doesn't change a thing. Next time he'll not remember who he had sex with, or whether or not they used protection. People who can't use substances -- and enjoy them -- without getting so fucked up they can't remember what they did, shouldn't be using said substance.

[MENTION=23498]bryyzy[/MENTION], I can see how Mike's posts might feel a bit judgy. I don't really think they are meant that way, so much as meant to be an expression of concern over being a responsible person and how it relates to your personal safety. (By "problem", I believe he's referring to the whole "drinking until you can't remember parts of the night before when the next day comes" as a commonly known form of alcohol abuse -- no matter how socially accepted. I don't think he was saying that you're an alcoholic. I could be wrong on that, but I don't think I am.)

That aside, if you really don't think you gave out your number and you feel "weirded out", I say go with your instincts and stay away. Instinct often is your mind picking up on different things and subtle cues on a subconscious level that you aren't consciously aware of. Therefore, it's important to listen to your instincts when they speak up.

[MENTION=20947]MikeW[/MENTION] Dude, you think you're an old man??? I had to go look up IDGAF to figure out what it meant. And you're not mean, man. You're just on the level. Nothing wrong with that.

MikeMercury Wrote:Many young men (and women) get drunk and can't remember every thing they did. .

E'hem...
I hate to burst your bubble there buddy...

If you drink till your memory collapses...

That's the definition of a drinking problem.

Now...

Your reference sums up an alcoholic...
Which is the definition of an individual that frequently abuses alcohol.

A small amount of alcohol acts as a stimulant.
A larger amount immediately becomes a depressant.

If an individual ingests that certain amount of alcohol to where it becomes a depressant... That is.

>Memory loss.
>Poor hand-Eye coordination.
>Aggressiveness.
>Violent.
>Reckless sexual behaviour.
.. Wheather once a month or once a decade...

That is the definition of a drinking problem.

Once again..
Ingesting enough alcohol to a toxic level is the definition of a drinking problem.

And yes Mike ..
You were kinda rough.

But we love you anyway.
<3