Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need help with my plumbing!
the 2 main methods of unblocking my house drains (a girl lived here before so there is a mess of hair in the shower drain i think, it occasionally blocks up)

1. pour a good amount of bleach down the drains (the thick bleach, like you'd put in a toilet) and let it sit for a few hours, pour some more then flush it out with generous amounts of really hot water.

2. Use commercial drain block chemicals. (usually bleach or lye anyways)

For fatty clogs or hair this works pretty good. I've never seen a mechanical pipe snake that was small enough to did through lengths of household plumbing (usually pvc) without damaging it. But then again I don't really have any clogs. However they are great for large outside drains.

There are small snakes available, and they do the job just fine even with bends. You have to twist as you go to clear the bends. Usually in a clockwise direction so it basically screws itself in further. Done it dozens of times, as I used to be married and had daughters, all of them with long hair.

The whole point of they're being flexible is so that they can go around curves. Otherwise a rigid one would be preferable.

trialbyerror Wrote:Caustic?

Caustic?

Aargh! quack! Phisst!

I get's enough "caustic" from you to last a duck's-life Biglaugh

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sodium_hydroxide