Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need help with parents
MikeMG Wrote:Women around your age are looking for the perfect mate they can get married, buy a house and have kids. The picture perfect family. Being bisexual is a stain on that otherwise perfect picture they have painted for them self since they were little girls. You are going to be hard pressed to find a women who is not like that. They will either lie and say its ok thinking they can change you later or fight about it all the time being jealous if you look at another guy.

Gay men dont grow up with the same type of expectations so there are a lot of variations on what is called a relationship. There is more openness because of that.

a lot of women aren't actually that shallow lol ~

i know a lot of women who are in long term relationships with bisexual men . they're not bothered by it at all , because it doesn't matter (to them) who their boyfriends/husbands might also happen to be attracted to , as long as he doesn't act on those feelings ~

MikeMG Wrote:Women around your age are looking for the perfect mate they can get married, buy a house and have kids. The picture perfect family. Being bisexual is a stain on that otherwise perfect picture they have painted for them self since they were little girls. You are going to be hard pressed to find a women who is not like that. They will either lie and say its ok thinking they can change you later or fight about it all the time being jealous if you look at another guy.

Gay men dont grow up with the same type of expectations so there are a lot of variations on what is called a relationship. There is more openness because of that.

dating guys scares me a little. I am ridged and trying hard not to be. One I am talking to who has the potential to be something, he's good looking, my type of guy, Christian (ish). Out and seems ready to talk to. I am trying this friends to lovers thing, because it doesn't seem to work the other way. But its so difficult to make the steps. I want to so bad, but I fear spoiling it by moving to fast, plus he is like 22, not a prob with me, but its simply another excuse to make myself nervous.

There are five stages to grief, called the Kübler-Ross model.

Denial, Bargaining, Anger, Depression and lastly, Acceptance.

The parental units lost the son they thought they had and gained a son they never knew. It takes a while to go through the stages and reach acceptance. I think Mom is reaching acceptance and does only want for you that happiness that a solid relationship can bring.

For a long time you have hid parts of yourself, of course when you start showing parts other parts are going to want to come out as well... so yeah, you most likely are a bit more liberal than you think.

You went through those stages, and I think denial and bargaining meant you adopted a lot of things that are not really you. Now that you are figuring out who you are a lot of new and interesting things are going to rise to the surface.

Also Saturn's Return... it may prove to be interesting to you. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saturn_return