Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need info
What are the emerging real estate trends in top LGBT cities?

If you consider that London is a top LGBT city, it is very expensive and getting more so as the year progresses.

Apparently one of the areas of London that is the most gay friendly is NI (Islington). It has the highest concentration of gays than almost any other borough. To buy a one bedroom apartment in Islington you're looking at something in the region of £350, 000 - £450,000 ($585,000 - $ 753,000) and for a two bedroom flat don't think of anything less than £600,000 ($1,000,000) and upwards. Most of the new builds are truly terrible, badly designed and expensive. Most of them are built open plan, i.e., there is no partition between the kitchen and the living room so that if you have guests to dinner, they can see and hear everything that goes on while you are cooking. Real estate agents make this in to a selling point lauding the fact that you can communicate with your guests no matter. To me, these are the slums of the future.

You, as a Londoner, probably know all this already.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

NO!!! You are SHITTING ME!!!!

Almost a million dollars for a ONE bedroom apartment?????!!!!!!!

GAWD Im in the WRONG fukkin business!!!!!!

No Tinks, that for a two bedroom flat.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

Still $500,000+ is almost a million!!!

Shit, there would be bodies in the streets here, piled a mile high, if prices were that outrageous here!!!!

I heard London is a special kind of expensive though, because it's London. Isn't it the most expensive place to live in Europe? And one of the most expensive places in the world?

Googled it. Not saying this is particularly reliable and I didn't make a deep study of it but;
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/property/inte...me=2783020
London ranks number 1.