Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need some advice.
I need some advice on coming out to my roommates. I live in student assigned housing for a small college, so basically I stuck in a small apartment with 3 other random guys.

:confused:

Drop small hints? lol. What are they like? Do you know how they are with gays..
[COLOR="Purple"]As I grow to understand less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.
[/COLOR]

Umm... Yeah. When it comes to something like that.. You will first want to know how they are about other people being gay. If even just one of them doesnt like them then you might have to keep it in the closet with them. Just that one person can make things hard for you.

Fafner Wrote:I need some advice on coming out to my roommates. I live in student assigned housing for a small college, so basically I stuck in a small apartment with 3 other random guys.

:confused:

Hmmm, tis a difficult one as you don't want to make a situation where you hate having to live there. What are the other guys like? Any hints that they'd be bad with it?

Good advice so far - gage their personalities and see what kind of reaction you'd get. Good luck with it!

But Dont give it away until your sure. In the end it shouldnt matter as you are you, and it must suck keeping it a secret as you wouldnt be able to hit on guys or take them back.. Anyway just be careful. I dont want you having a bad reaction matey ;[
[COLOR="Purple"]As I grow to understand less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.
[/COLOR]

Well my roommates don't hate gays, They may not talk well of them (useing fag, ect. as put downs) but they put up with my friend and his boyfriend they few times they have been over here. They know a lot of my friends are gay/bi. How ever I have some sort of stealth technology that prevents me from being detected on gaydar ever. I don't exactly hide it, I mean hell my screen saver on my computer has tons of gay artwork that play on a slide show.

lol.. Well hell, if they haven't gotten it by now then they need their eyes checked... lol..

I would say just tell them that you are. Sounds like they will be cool with it and if they do use "put downs" around you that offend you then just ask them nicely to not use them around you. They will understand... hopefully.

Xyxwave

Uhm from what you say then they might have figured it out already and dont mind but yeah tell them if you think they are ok. You can choose to tell the one who is most easy going first. I recommend to take a relaxed/casual kind of approach when u do- at least i find it easier myself to tell people this way.
On the other hand dont say a word ... just take them by their little hand and show them your screen saver! Wink

I leave my laptop open on the coffee table for all to see, so I don't have to show them anything that is in plan sight. XD