Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need some advice about my tattoo if my first one.
Hello I was wondering if anyone here haves tattoos because I needed some advice on my first one that I got. It has started peeling off the first layer that is rough. And the ink is a little lighter blue the the top layer Is this normal?

Are you putting Neosporin or a similar ointment on it and, protecting it from being rubbed in you sleep or, if you have to put clothing over it?

New tattoos do scab and, you don't want to rub those off before the wear off naturally, it can mess up the tattoo. I keep Neosporin on my new ones for a week, and tape plastic wrap over them at night for that week, the any sort of moisturizing lotion on them daily for another week. The artist that did it should have recommend something along those lines.

The best advice would be to ask your tattoo artist the right way to treat your skin after the tattooing.

I have been putting the stuff on it that I was told to put on it. And been taking care of it. Just was wondering if anyone else experienced the same with there tattoos.

If you are doing as the artist recommended, and, the design is holding, then it's fine. The do fade slightly in the first couple of weeks as they heal but, not very much. Perhaps a picture of it now would help but, it sounds okay to me.

Blue Wrote:If you are doing as the artist recommended, and, the design is holding, then it's fine. The do fade slightly in the first couple of weeks as they heal but, not very much. Perhaps a picture of it now would help but, it sounds okay to me.

Here is a image of the tattoo notice the fading parts.

[Image: gyhegeva.jpg]

In this picture you can see where it peeling

[Image: pyjasyva.jpg]

it looks okay, don't pull the peeling off, let it come off on it's own. If it does mess up the design, the artist can fix any tiny flaws after it's healed but, I think as long as you take care of it like the artist told you, it will be fine.

Remember the ink is in several layers of your skin so, if one layer peels it won't hurt the tattoo. Once healed you can sun burn them and it's okay as far as the look goes. Of course they do fade over the years, but they never disappear.

It is normal for it to peel. Remember you just had something very invasive take place in that area so your body is reacting in a very natural way. When I got my first ink my artist recommended an unscented moisturizer like Ludiderm for peeling and itching. But you don't want to use to much cause that can cause acne and if a pimple on a tat pops, the ink will come out. Trust me, that's why I need to get mine touched up a bit. But it looks really good.

Thanks to everyone that replayed to this post. Anyone want to post there tattoo so I can see them.