Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need some help ( somewhat lengthy)
Hey people! I need some help on how to break it to the ladies that I'm gay (I seem to be a ladies man from what my friends say and how they act around me). It'll be easy to break it to most of the girls that like me. However, there is one girl inparticular that it'll be hard to tell her.

She and I met in 9th grade, three years ago, and we got along fine. I know her parents, sister, and even her grandparents. Thing is my and her friends have been trying to get us together since 10th grade. Now she seems to want me even more than ever, especialy since we're about to graduate. She wants me to spend every second with her and gets jealous if I don't. She even has gone so far as to get a job interview at where she works, but I already have a job.

Keeping the story short, I've known her for three years; my friends have been trying to get us together, but I won't consent, and now she wants me more than ever.

Thank y'all so much for your help! Confusedmile:

unless your not out, just tell them your gay, you can be good friends and you can dance and smile

-they are attracted to you when they dont feel all the straight dating noise coming out of you
-chances are some ladies dont want to relate to the male bonding jock attitude

There are 2 people suffering, the end result is someone, probably both of you are going to be hurt in the end, so be prepared.

She is going to have to know that she is wasting her time. The best way to do it, I really don't know because I haven't walked in your shoes, but what I do know is that you are going to have to listen to your heart and go with your gut instinct.

Once again, be prepared for hurt, there is absolutely no way of avoiding that, so preparing yourself is the only option.

Tell her your gay and that you just want to be friends. Confusedmile:

I really think you owe it to both of you , to tell the truth.
It seems that she has some very serious expectations , time to nip this one in the bud.

No matter how long you keep from telling her your sexuality the outcome is not going to change.
So go ahead and tell her now however hard it may be.

Maybe not to the extreme you are, but I've been on the other end as the straight girl. Tell her soon, do it before you tell the others and do it privately. And if you care for her / want to remain friends make sure to reinforce that. The guy I liked had been a friend from my childhood whom I felt comfortable with and later on in life I was excited when our paths crossed again. Instead of telling me the news himself though he gave off mixed messages and began avoiding me/disappeared and it made things much worse than honesty would have. Do be prepared for some emotions though. I'd be lying if I said I didn't shed a tear over it. But if you do want to remain friends she will likely get past it and realize that gay guys make good friends. I still think about my friend many years later and wish he knew I knew.....you can check out my post in chit chat to see what can happen when people are not honest. Lots of wondering & 'what ifs'. She needs to know that this involves something beyond anyone's control. Wish you the best of luck.