Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need some help with hiding sister's Christmas present.
Every year (except last year she was annoyed that I didn't do it) I hide my sister's Christmas present somewhere in the house. I put a riddle under the tree, and she has to go on a treasure hunt, from riddle to riddle to find the present. One year I added K'nex letters to the hints that she had to unscramble the letters to find the present, another year I hid a hint and the gift in her room without her finding out. I thought about not doing it ever again because of the hassle and the riddles were never very good. However this year her present (2 Woodwick candles) came in seperate boxes. I thought I can put one under the tree, and hide the other somewhere else (I'm thinking of actually hiding this one under the tree skirt)

So can anyone help me think of any good riddles that would lead to different areas of the house, or another fun way to lead her to the present?

She is 28 years old, so nothing too easy.

Over the river and through the woods
Turn out the lights and search for the goods.
You'll need a light and that's what you're after
but don't pull up a floorboard or yank down a rafter.
Hints would be good, but we are not havin' it
Though you might try behind the last kitchen cabinet.
Keep searching, keep searching. You'll soon make your catch.
But stay cool, stay very cool. You will need a match.

[Stash the candles, all wrapped up, in the crisper drawer of the refrigerator. Even better, if there are two crisper drawers, put one in each.]

If you want to be especially irritating, that is be a typical brother, you could leave out the last word of each line of the rhyme and make her guess what it is.
I bid NO Trump!

They are a bit too big for that, nice riddle though

I'm thinking of a treasure hunt with one of the candles under the tree, with a hint to the candles on the dining room table, from there a riddle to her pillow. I need at least one more riddle from there before I send her back to the tree. Also need riddles for all these destinations.