Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need some new TV shows to watch

http://www.animehere.com/avatar-the-lege...ode-1.html

if you like crude humor then there's family guy, american dad, and archer. heros is another good one but its been canceled for a while now so no new episodes.
[Image: tumblr_n60lwfr0nK1tvauwuo2_250.gif]

if you can learn how to use torrents you can watch virtually any tv show you want...all you need is a program like utorrent then go to a site like the pirate bay and search for the torrent file and download it.

I figured you wouldnt have much objection to downloading torrents since I think watching stuff on youtube is about the same thing. Big Grin Plus it beats having to search for each episode/section of an episode on youtube since you can download whole seasons and series from tbp.

That said my recommendations are

WARNING POSSIBLE SPOILERS BELOW!

Glee - If you dont watch any other show you should watch it. Its so heartfelt and heartwarming most of the time. Plus the singing and dancing talent on the show is superior. Its really good for the first 2 or 3 seasons..season 4 has been kind of a disappointment...Im hoping season 5 and 6 will be better.

Once Upon a Time - Its a show based on fairy tales. Basically The Evil Queen used a curse to send all of the people from the fairytale land to the real world where she is now mayor and none of them remember their former lives except for one kid who was born in the real world. He is born to the woman who is supposed to break the curse and free all the fairytale people. Its not as corny as it sounds and has a really good story line with LOTS of unexpected twists and turns.

Grimm - Another show very loosely based on fairy tales but much less than Once Upon a Time. Its basically a police procedural drama where a cop named Nick finds out he's part of a centuries old family line of people called Grimm. The Grimm hunt down and kill these mythological creature like humanoids who are called wesen. They usually have some weird coincidental aspect that links them to one fairy tale or another. Each week finds him finding out and fighting a new Wesen usually. There is another overall story arch about the Royal Wesen who rule over the Wesen world and some key that Nick's aunt gave to him before she died(she was also a Grimm). The Royals want to get his key for their nefarious purposes.

Game of Thrones - Its based on the song of ice and fire book series by GRR Martin. Im not gonna try to sum up all of GoT here. Its basically about a kingdom with a tyrannical boy king and a young warrior who was once loyal to that king leading a war against said king to overthrow him because of someone that king killed. At least thats one part of the story. Its kind of told from different points of view. There is another female lead who is trying to get back to the place she was born to overthrow the same king as well because before his father was king her father was but he was killed because he was insane. Now she wants to raise an army to take back the throne. Generally its about a society equivalent to european 14th century where they have knights and ride hoses and use swords and spears and the like.

Reba - This is the only comedy I could really think of to include. Considering all the other comedies you mentioned I think this one is right up your alley since most of the ones you listed had strong female leads. All the rest of the shows I listed are are either dramedies or plain dramas. Reba stars Reba McEntire, the country singer. Its about her life post divorce from her dentist husband who left her for the dental hygienist who worked in his dental practice. They get married and buy a home a couple doors down from where Reba still lives with their family. The ex husband's new wife, named Barbra Jean, tries to befriend Reba and eventually does. Barbra Jean is priceless in her comedy. She plays the ditzy blonde but not the typical ditzy blonde. Her delivery and comedic timing is superb. Reba and her ex-husband, named Brock, have three kids. Cheyenne. who is the oldest, gets knocked up by her football star quarterback boyfriend named Van. They have to get married and move in with Reba. The other female child is Kyra who is a wise cracking one liner kid who always makes fun of Van and Cheyenne, Brock and Barbra Jean, or even Reba. Last is Jake who is just the adorable kid that most comedy shows have to make you go, "awww isnt he cute."

crap Im such an idiot...How could I forget How I Met Your Mother? Its the most legendary show EVER on television. Its about four friends living their life in their 20's and 30s and about the main characters quest to finding his wife(he's supposedly in the future telling his kids the story as it unfolds on the screen)

another good drama like show with funny elements is "Lost Girl" Its a Canadian television show that focuses on Bo who is a succubus. She sucks the life force/chi out of people to kill them or knock them out or whatever. She is part of the world called the Fae, which again is very loosely based on fairy tales/mythological creatures. She saves this human girl named Kenzi from this creep that has drugged and was about to rape her. They become best friends and meet these two detectives named Dyson and Hale who tell them all about the Fae world along with a barkeep named Trick who becomes like a father figure and mentor to them.

Green wing is my favourite comedy series of all time, I can highly reccomend it and its blatant insanity. It's got great British actors and the best writing than a lot of comedy shows. Also reccomended are:
*Beautiful people
*Scrubs (though it gets worse towards the end in my opinion)
*Will and Grace
*Hyperdrive (Which has Miranda hart in and is just brilliant)

All of the others I've watched are ones that have already been mentioned Smile Hope this was helpful.

MisterTinkles Wrote:Seen One Foot in the Grave.
Don't like Goodnight Sweetheart.
I can barely tolerate Mrs. Bucket.......err, excuse me....B O U Q U E T!!!

Never heard of My Family, will have to put that on the list.

Your banned, my family was my least favourite.

RavenSnake Wrote:Green wing is my favourite comedy series of all time, I can highly reccomend it and its blatant insanity. It's got great British actors and the best writing than a lot of comedy shows. Also reccomended are:
*Beautiful people
*Scrubs (though it gets worse towards the end in my opinion)
*Will and Grace
*Hyperdrive (Which has Miranda hart in and is just brilliant)

All of the others I've watched are ones that have already been mentioned Smile Hope this was helpful.

I loved hyperdrive too, I was really disapointed it didn't last very long

George & Mildred. Was huge in the late 70's here (showing my age now) :redface: