Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need some space...
Bluelight Wrote:Hagpocalypse?! Nuqueear?! LMFAO OMG you're literally the best right now!

But yeah, I like the idea of just slowly re-distributing my time between her and others. She's not an idiot, I'm sure she'll understand.

You must not deal with women on a daily basis to think she'll understand just because you leave a trail of hints for her to pick up on.

After thinking about it a while I thought I better explain.... You're sitting back thinking she will understand while shes not the tiniest bit interested in understanding anything but plowing right in to impose her will. Come back in two weeks and tell me if Im wrong.

StingRay Wrote:After thinking about it a while I thought I better explain.... You're sitting back thinking she will understand while shes not the tiniest bit interested in understanding anything but plowing right in to impose her will. Come back in two weeks and tell me if Im wrong.

LOL...I was going to post something but you summed it up perfectly.

StingRay Wrote:Good luck to you. Everytime Ive started off being just friends with a woman it has always turned into her doing one of two things. because shes my friend she begins thinking shes more important to me than women Im dating or she makes it her business to try to run my personal life without telling me. Then the end result is always the same once I assert myself. She starts talking smack about me to everyone she knows and doesn't know. I bet there are women who can be nonsexual friends with men but Ive not met one yet.

Amen. Hallelujah. Amen.
I bid NO Trump!

StingRay Wrote:You must not deal with women on a daily basis to think she'll understand just because you leave a trail of hints for her to pick up on.

You are once again correct, oh ginger person with the pointed hat.
I bid NO Trump!

Actually, StingRay, I think you have brought up something important in your saying that women don't have nonsexual friends. It explains a lot, because it is. I think, a major part of the reason that straight men have trouble having gay guy friends. Their reference is the tendency of women to see them as sex objects and it is therefore hard for them to seem that some gay guys really do just want to be friends with another guy without the sexual pressure.

I know that I am being awkward in expressing this, but I think it is important to consider.
I bid NO Trump!

The Ray man knows wimmen.

They dont think like men do and applying male logic to them is always gonna funk up the man and make him look like the chauvinist jackass when she gets through putting her spin on whatever the guy did to piss her off. I CAN COUNT ON women trying to come between me and my gay roomie and even start talking bad about him trying to pull me her way. AND AT THE SAME TIME being all kissy kissy to him. I cant stand the games and when they start I know its time to cut my losses and be glad I have some friends I can rely on and the fact that some of them are gay doesn't matter to me.

on another subject. Memechose/Virgil is over the Pacific ocean headed this way right this minute (2:04am Saturday CMT) and will be wired up when he get here at 7:20pm Saturday. He will want his big red type face back and hes gonna probbly be all full of mushy gooey sweet lovey dovey stuff for the next few days. He and Jay did a church wedding ceremony there Friday evening even though it wasn't legal. I talked to him a bit after 6pm CMT before he headed to the airport and he sounded like he was on drugs or hormones.

StingRay Wrote:The Ray man knows wimmen.

They dont think like men do and applying male logic to them is always gonna funk up the man and make him look like the chauvinist jackass when she gets through putting her spin on whatever the guy did to piss her off. I CAN COUNT ON women trying to come between me and my gay roomie and even start talking bad about him trying to pull me her way. AND AT THE SAME TIME being all kissy kissy to him. I cant stand the games and when they start I know its time to cut my losses and be glad I have some friends I can rely on and the fact that some of them are gay doesn't matter to me.

on another subject. Memechose/Virgil is over the Pacific ocean headed this way right this minute (2:04am Saturday CMT) and will be wired up when he get here at 7:20pm Saturday. He will want his big red type face back and hes gonna probbly be all full of mushy gooey sweet lovey dovey stuff for the next few days. He and Jay did a church wedding ceremony there Friday evening even though it wasn't legal. I talked to him a bit after 6pm CMT before he headed to the airport and he sounded like he was on drugs or hormones.

WOW...he got married..eh?

I have been with my guy almost 30 years and I am still getting cold feet...marriage scares me for some reason...but I am gonna do it this year...DAMNIT.

East Wrote:WOW...he got married..eh?

I have been with my guy almost 30 years and I am still getting cold feet...marriage scares me for some reason...but I am gonna do it this year...DAMNIT.

You and your guy ought to do just because you can.

I was totally against guys marrying each other until Virge and Jay started talking about it and explaining it to me. Why should they not have the same tax breaks and privileges as straight people who get married? They are more made for each other than any straight married couple I know. I just hope I can some day meet a gal who will be as good and nice to me as Jay is to Virge.

StingRay Wrote:The Ray man knows wimmen.

Ditto.
Still I don't think all woman are built the same (although hags are a different beast altogether). I try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt first, and yes, that has cost me sometimes. Still, it's the high road. Stringray is right though, if the subtle approach doesn't phase her, there's going to be blood in the water. Sometimes setting boundaries doesn't work and you just have to cut and run. The games and her power trips aren't worth the grief.

Quote:... on another subject. Memechose/Virgil is over the Pacific ocean headed this way right this minute (2:04am Saturday CMT) and will be wired up when he get here at 7:20pm Saturday. He will want his big red type face back and hes gonna probbly be all full of mushy gooey sweet lovey dovey stuff for the next few days. He and Jay did a church wedding ceremony there Friday evening even though it wasn't legal. I talked to him a bit after 6pm CMT before he headed to the airport and he sounded like he was on drugs or hormones.

I am looking forward to meeting meme. From what I've read he seems like a crazy, dynamic person, who has a sly sense of humor. I'll bet the two of you together are hell on wheels.

StingRay Wrote:You and your guy ought to do just because you can.

I was totally against guys marrying each other until Virge and Jay started talking about it and explaining it to me. Why should they not have the same tax breaks and privileges as straight people who get married? They are more made for each other than any straight married couple I know. I just hope I can some day meet a gal who will be as good and nice to me as Jay is to Virge.

You've come a long way baby. People, even gay people fell into the trap, when this subject came up, of calling it gay rights. Many people thought we didn't deserve special rights...these so called gay rights.

But it isn't gay rights at all and never was. It is civil rights. Gay people work in every field across the board. We pay taxes. We go to jail when we do illegal things. We can drink, drive and vote (although not at the same time I hope). It should be my right to have access to my partner in the hospital, especially after 30 years together. He wants me by his bedside. It should be my right to have a say where he is buried, arrangements for his funeral, access to bank accounts, etc. It should be my right not to be cut out of his life, have decisions taken away from me concerning his life and death by parents and relatives. It should be our right to adopt, to marry, to serve our country, to serve our government and local community, to have every right a heterosexual person has under the law. And there's no way in hell gay people should ever be fired simply for being gay (and that still happens).

No, not all of us should marry, or even believe in the institution, but we shouldn't be less than equal either. Right on Stingray!

[Image: picture.php?albumid=1002&pictureid=6591]