Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need some space...
^^^
memechose will start yelling anytime says GAY RIGHTS. He corrects them and says GAY EQUALITY.

An author I know who occasionally blogs for http://www.bilerico.com/ talks about the erosion of equal rights everywhere in America.
I get why he's so passionate.

StingRay Wrote:After thinking about it a while I thought I better explain.... You're sitting back thinking she will understand while shes not the tiniest bit interested in understanding anything but plowing right in to impose her will. Come back in two weeks and tell me if Im wrong.

No, I know she'll understand. She might not want to, but she will.

I HATE the institution of marriage as it stands.....I think it is a farce for sooooo many reasons....

BUT I am a staunch believer in equality under the law for everyone...period. Marriage is a legal institution. For me..it has always been equality under the law (versus a gay issue) and I can say I would fight the same for everyone

I will be getting married soon at the county office so my lover is protected under the law...but those phony vows and all that dogma can take a hike.

I am proud of the fact that I don't tell my lover any lies or make any promises I cannot keep. It has worked beautifully for almost 30 years now. He respects me...I respect him... and I respect myself.... which is infinitely more important than some image laden bullshit ceremony where people regularly lie to themselves and each other and invite all their "loved ones" along for the ride. Obviously....LOTS OF PEOPLE have no problem lying and making promises they can't keep. They do it routinely when they exchange vows (BARF)...

Hearing some straight people defend the "sanctity of marriage" is the definition of insanity....

StingRay Wrote:^^^
memechose will start yelling anytime says GAY RIGHTS. He corrects them and says GAY EQUALITY.

I always phrase it to people as "it's a human rights issue." Gotta put in that reminder that what gay people want is what non-gay people already have as an expected normal thing.

Okay WOW. Seriously, some of you people DO NOT KNOW A THING about women... really.

I mean can you really think the genders are SO VASTLY DIFFERENT that a statement like "women don't have nonsexual friends" can be true? Wow.

Let me tell you all about MY experience, in which the GUY couldn't keep from ending up being like some of the women you guys are talking about. My best friend is (or maybe was) a straight man. We met nearly 3 years ago. We share many views and ideas and have a really great time talking to each other. He was there when I met my GF. He was there when I got into fights with said GF. He was there when I'd have family troubles or what-have-you. We'd spend a lot of time hanging out and sharing thoughts just about everyday. For me (THE WOMAN, and a bi one at that) it was ENTIRELY platonic. I have my girlfriend, I love her, and I'm not interested in ANYONE else in ANY romantic or sexual way. But my friend, the guy, started developing feelings and he wanted to be the one with me and not her. He got jealous and depressed and it got REALLY FUCKING BAD. Not long ago, we had to part ways, leaving the option for future communication open with the understanding that that shall only happen if he can get better and get over me (though I don't get how anyone could ever like me enough to need to get over me, but that's another story).

Yeah, women are usually more open about their feelings and SOME women CAN'T have nonsexual friends. But many many many of them can, which I know from experience. Not just my own experience, but my sister (who is single), and other female friends. BUT there are just as many men who feel the same way and have the same experience as those women, and in a lot of cases, they take it too far and get physical (yeah, sometimes women do that too) instead of just "claiming" a person and being annoying.

Not all women play games, not all (straight/bi) women are incapable of platonic relationships with men. Not all women are like that... Women are just as diverse and individual as men, and, being a woman who's never had trouble having platonic friendships with men, despite being attracted to men, I find some of these posts to be highly ignorant and offensive.

This website makes women look bad in more than one way, I've noticed. Of the few lesbians and bi ladies who show up, most of them make us all look like desperate psychotic bitches, and it seems at least several of the guys here don't have enough experience with women to know any better.

I promise, we're not all like that, far from it.

/rant

OP, you wanna spend less time with this friend of yours for sure, and make it clear that she does not own you. Sorry for the rant here but I seriously cannot believe some of the things I read in here.

bilkiba Wrote:Okay WOW. Seriously, some of you people DO NOT KNOW A THING about women... really.

I mean can you really think the genders are SO VASTLY DIFFERENT that a statement like "women don't have nonsexual friends" can be true? Wow.

Let me tell you all about MY experience, in which the GUY couldn't keep from ending up being like some of the women you guys are talking about. My best friend is (or maybe was) a straight man. We met nearly 3 years ago. We share many views and ideas and have a really great time talking to each other. He was there when I met my GF. He was there when I got into fights with said GF. He was there when I'd have family troubles or what-have-you. We'd spend a lot of time hanging out and sharing thoughts just about everyday. For me (THE WOMAN, and a bi one at that) it was ENTIRELY platonic. I have my girlfriend, I love her, and I'm not interested in ANYONE else in ANY romantic or sexual way. But my friend, the guy, started developing feelings and he wanted to be the one with me and not her. He got jealous and depressed and it got REALLY FUCKING BAD. Not long ago, we had to part ways, leaving the option for future communication open with the understanding that that shall only happen if he can get better and get over me (though I don't get how anyone could ever like me enough to need to get over me, but that's another story).

Yeah, women are usually more open about their feelings and SOME women CAN'T have nonsexual friends. But many many many of them can, which I know from experience. Not just my own experience, but my sister (who is single), and other female friends. BUT there are just as many men who feel the same way and have the same experience as those women, and in a lot of cases, they take it too far and get physical (yeah, sometimes women do that too) instead of just "claiming" a person and being annoying.

Not all women play games, not all (straight/bi) women are incapable of platonic relationships with men. Not all women are like that... Women are just as diverse and individual as men, and, being a woman who's never had trouble having platonic friendships with men, despite being attracted to men, I find some of these posts to be highly ignorant and offensive.

This website makes women look bad in more than one way, I've noticed. Of the few lesbians and bi ladies who show up, most of them make us all look like desperate psychotic bitches, and it seems at least several of the guys here don't have enough experience with women to know any better.

I promise, we're not all like that, far from it.

/rant

OP, you wanna spend less time with this friend of yours for sure, and make it clear that she does not own you. Sorry for the rant here but I seriously cannot believe some of the things I read in here.

Yeah you got a point, there are very few women on this site, and most gay men such as myself tend to rant about straight girl dilemmas. That's not to say that all women are like that though, I have other straight female friends who respect me like I respect them. Sorry if this thread kind of got out of hand, I was just having some frustrations about a very particular friend of mine and I just wanted some other opinions on the situation. No disrespect intended.

she sounds like your security blanket , but you do need to make her understand in guy terms - not women terms like Stingray says - infact he says it way better than I ever could, they do think different to guys - its like the enigma code or something, us men just don't follow the hidden meanings

matty7 Wrote:she sounds like your security blanket , but you do need to make her understand in guy terms - not women terms like Stingray says - infact he says it way better than I ever could, they do think different to guys - its like the enigma code or something, us men just don't follow the hidden meanings

I don't understand what this "security blanket" is... I don't need a beard, I've been out to everyone for almost two years now, unless that isn't what you meant...

Guy terms, girl terms, whatever lol this is all very confusing... guy terms as in "be direct"? Can't do that though, as that would start some shit. I gotta be careful...

Saying women dont have nonsexual relationships was a bed word choice. With men they are not capable of not practicing having a relationship or trying to develop one. Take this as example. My good girl friend wants me to come over to her house and hang out with her friends. I dont really like her friends and would rather go see the air show at the Air Force base. If I tell her either I dont like her friends or that Id rather do something else shes going to huff up, pout and dish out drama over it. Its like Im cheating in a relationship that exists only in her mind.