Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need some suggestions in meeting someone like me
freelandia Wrote:Do you disagree with Prof. Devine's findings? You're right to say that "doesn't mean they can't study hard, get a decent education and get a good job and move somewhere nicer," but do you agree that location has nothing to do with your class? Does a rich citizen with pure Japanese ancestry have the same cultural status as a British aristocrat in your culture? My husband tells me that foreigners always will be viewed as such. Professor Mike Savage said: “Occupation has been the traditional way to define a person’s social class, but economic, social, and cultural dimensions all play an important role.” Do not forget "social and cultural dimension" are also essential in this class struggle.
There is definitely a concept that some people have a better standard of living. I guess it's set by things like:
  • Type of job
  • Where the person lives
  • Level of education
  • What car they drive
  • What they do for entertainment and relaxation
  • Where they shop
I just don't think the 3 class system applies anymore. I think it's very much more a multi-faceted matrix of categories.

I'm sure this is the same in any (developed) country in the world.

Also, Britain has such a diverse range of racial & ethnic backgrounds now, I don't think that makes much difference anymore (I would hope)

Chimpy, you'd get on better with my partner than I do (as he's into a lot of the stuff you like)... so I'd better keep you out of his way Smile

How open minded are you when meeting someone? If someone doesn't share your interests, would you be willing to compromise a bit and maybe try some new things? That's kind of how it works with us and many other couples too. Sometimes spending time with the other person is more important.

Don't rule out the internet, but do be clear about what you want before you arrange to meet up with someone. I met my partner online, but there were a few internet disaster dates beforehand and I just had to move on from them. It's important to not get too despondent if things don't work out, but it's also important to be a little flexible if you want something special. I don't think you are asking for too much, but there does need to be a little give and take.

"suggestions in meeting someone like me"

Go clone yourself.......