Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need something new........Suggestions?
megumidesu Wrote:peter file !!!
LOL

If you like Dr Who, you will enjoy Torchwood - More of the same by the same production company, with lots of Captain Jack Smile

ObW
X

Because you like Charmed and because you like scifi, dark side, and camp (including the Addams Family), and sometimes off the wall and scifi, I'm going to recommend Angel and Buffy the Vampire Slayer. As the series advanced there was more and more superscience to go with monsters and magic (talking comic book level), it gets downright artistic like when they find a way to make musicals or where nobody can talk, and it doesn't come off as silly (I think the most amazing for that was where the vampire Angel got transformed into a living puppet, I cringed as I prepared to watch it, but it was BRILLIANT, IMO). Magic adds for other off the wall things like a guy who tries casting a love spell, but it gets miscast and all females EXCEPT the one he was trying for was after him...and rather see him dead than in the arms of another woman (and, btw, that included a crazed vampire woman). What impresses me the most is how the show can be both funny, serious, and scary at the same time, a rare talent, IMO. It can also be tragic and very disturbing at times.

It's also a gay friendly show...I also liked how they had one school bully turn out that he was only a bully to hide he was gay (that must've ticked off a lot of jock bullies watching Rofl ), and he became a hero once he accepted that.

That said, I strongly urge you to watch it in order as it's something of a soap opera with a lot of continuity and references to things and characters from past episodes and I recall when I started Angel in the middle of Season 4, I found it as confusing as as Battlestar Galictica (the one that came out a few years ago). Season 1 Angel is a spinoff after season 3 Buffy, and there's crossover between the shows from time to time.

Also, most seasons start off slow (season 4 Angel didn't, but you wouldn't know what was going on if you hadn't been keeping up with it).

I would reccommend a great show I found with a friend of mine last week Tongue It's called
"Don't trust the B*tch in apartment 23"

It's pretty damn funny lol

Beau Wrote:I HIGHLY recommend these:

The IT Crowd - A great Britcom about computer nerds in an office. I can totally relate to their humor.

Wilfred - American version based on the Australian version. Elijah Wood plays a mentally disturbed guy who talks to his neighbor's dog. The dog is a guy in a dog costume. (highly highly recommend this series)

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - Also very entertaining

Best of all is these shows are available on Netflix. Watch them and thank me later. Big Grin

Ive watched the IT Crowd several times over...I LOVE Chris ODowd..SOOO CUTE!!!

Wilfred is great too, waiting for season 2 to hit Netflix.

Have seen promos of Sunny in Philly, didnt "do" anything for me....but I will probably watch a couple of episodes.

Pix Wrote:Because you like Charmed and because you like scifi, dark side, and camp (including the Addams Family), and sometimes off the wall and scifi, I'm going to recommend Angel and Buffy the Vampire Slayer. As the series advanced there was more and more superscience to go with monsters and magic (talking comic book level), it gets downright artistic like when they find a way to make musicals or where nobody can talk, and it doesn't come off as silly (I think the most amazing for that was where the vampire Angel got transformed into a living puppet, I cringed as I prepared to watch it, but it was BRILLIANT, IMO). Magic adds for other off the wall things like a guy who tries casting a love spell, but it gets miscast and all females EXCEPT the one he was trying for was after him...and rather see him dead than in the arms of another woman (and, btw, that included a crazed vampire woman). What impresses me the most is how the show can be both funny, serious, and scary at the same time, a rare talent, IMO. It can also be tragic and very disturbing at times.

It's also a gay friendly show...I also liked how they had one school bully turn out that he was only a bully to hide he was gay (that must've ticked off a lot of jock bullies watching Rofl ), and he became a hero once he accepted that.

That said, I strongly urge you to watch it in order as it's something of a soap opera with a lot of continuity and references to things and characters from past episodes and I recall when I started Angel in the middle of Season 4, I found it as confusing as as Battlestar Galictica (the one that came out a few years ago). Season 1 Angel is a spinoff after season 3 Buffy, and there's crossover between the shows from time to time.

Also, most seasons start off slow (season 4 Angel didn't, but you wouldn't know what was going on if you hadn't been keeping up with it).

Oh yes, I watched both of those when they were on primetime TV.
I like girls who can kick butt, so I like SMG. And when Seth Green came on the show, I was SO happy! He is adorable!!!

Angel I wasnt all that interested in, but I watched it because of all the crossover stories.