Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need your advice!
Hello everyone! I have a lesbian sister that I love dearly, and she loves to wear her rainbows usually she wears it on her shirt or any clothing. I made her a heart shaped glass pendant with the word pride colored in rainbow and she absolutely loved it, so far I have made atleast 10 of these for my big sister with different quotes about stop bullying, gay pride, and different types of rainbow pics, she keeps begging me to sell these pendants but I am scared that I wouldnt be able to get a lot of people to buy them. I make glass squares,circles and hearts,do you all think that I should try to sell them If so how should get my customers, to be honest the pendants are really cute around her neck. Thanx alot for your advice.

You can try Etsy.

http://www.etsy.com/search/handmade?q=ga...in=0&max=0

Etsy is the place where handcraft makers/sellers sell their products. I'm not a seller. I'm their purchaser.

Or is there a LGBT centre located nearby to your place. Try to talk with people over there and see if you guys can come up with a business solution. A win win situation such as percentage of your profit goes to help LGBT centre/charity is always good. It's a way to promote your goods too.

Good luck, kpgirl.

difficult to tell w/o a pic but see what the response would be at the local pride festival this summer?

I will post a few pics this weekend and I want you all to tell me what you think, I want you all to be truthful If you hate it let me know and If you love it let me know.

Both good suggestions from Jay and pellaz. You're in DC. Are there any shops that might consider carrying them? Try walking in with one and asking if they would carry them. We have a shop in the next town over that's full of stuff like bumper stickers and jewelry and alternative lifestyle stuff, not all gay oriented, but definitely gay friendly, so post a pic and maybe I could make a connection.

Hello there,
OPf ccourse give it a go with this I qwould recommend maybe boxing them up and taking into gay venues to see if they can sell there in the heart of the community

Hello kpgirl,

Have you tried your local LGBT center ?
I would love to see your work.

Look for local distributors as well as if u can get this as a francise then go for it remember t copyright the product

Well, if you a selling it to people supportive of the LGBT community then there is no problem!
just don't set up a stall in front of church and force it on to people there. LOL

Seriously, I think it's a great idea and would like to see your work Smile
The great thing about the Internet is you can market your products with very little investment.
I would be more than happy to help promote in Japan Smile
Please post a pic or send me a PM!