Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should you be single first ?
Well I wanted to change the earlier comment about the polls but I don't know how. So I just had to edit

Picsawashburn Wrote:I am new to communicating through online forums. What does it mean for someone to post your quote this way? I am trying to talk to people about my feelings and try get some help with some difficult decisions so I don't hurt anyone or myself. After seeing that someone reposted what I said with a Do Not ate commend sign under it makes me a little fearful to say anything else.

The bold part was what was being replied to. Personally, I just quote the part I'm replying to but some people prefer to quote the entire message (to show context and sometimes to prevent the message from being altered and thus the response seeming dumb or even mean) while highlighting the exact part they're replying to.

There's no reason to be fearful. He was just saying he didn't recommend it. I didn't perceive it as "shouting" either, though it's true that normally you're supposed to be very careful about all caps as it does translate as shouting more often than not.

what ever is between you and your wife / husband stays between you two.

if you are mostly gay the chances are you are not going back. enough people know this now so the partner might just decide to pack and leave rather than going through a long drawn out rough patch ending in divorce anyways.

just what will this curious person explore? more to being gay than the sex. being gay is being able to maintain a same sex relationship. so this person is taking time off one relationship to have another relationship?

ask your self the question "am I gay/bi/straight" and leave the current relationship as you need to.

I would have to say yes be single first , otherwise it's just going to be one lie after another.
It will just make things easier.
That being said , I am not going to judge you regardless of what you decide to do.Confusedmile:

Personally, I would be single before 'exploring'. But that is my nature.

While many people can intellectualize and say 'I have no problem with that', I fear that often on the emotional level AFTER the deed is done people discover its a problem.

Since you and he have talked once, maybe you might want to consider waiting a little longer then talk about it again to see if his heart caught up with his mind.

You say you love him and don't want to cheat on him. If you are satisfied with what you have, then why explore?

What is the real motivation here? You need to ask yourself that a few times and really ponder on what it is you are trying to accomplish.

If there is something dissatisfying in your relationship, then it may actually be time to reconsider that relationship before you move on to women.

Sex isn't going to be much different with a woman over a man - it amounts to the same end climax.

What is different is your perceptions of it and the way a relationship would feel like. Sex doesn't tell you anything about how a relationship will feel like. It takes doing a relationship and you are in one already.

It is a complicated thing.

Meh I think it is up to the individual and partner. Have fun exploring your sexuality.

Good point. He and have been together for years and we have always had open communication about my curiosity with women. I have never had any real closeness with a woman at all so I wonder if it could just be deep friendship that I long for. I wish I could hold a woman's hand and see how that feels.

its would be alot harder to experiment while your in a relationship, that being said its not impossible as long as you are open and honest and are willing to work through any hurdles that come up then there shouldn't be any problems.

Also there is a difference between an open relationship and a polyamorous relationship.

If your in an open relationship you are emotionally and romantically tied to one person while being able to physically intereact with other people.

Polyamorous relationships are the opposite, emotionally intimate with more than one person.

if your partner isn't going to get jealous and you don't try to hide or lie (this includes lying through omission) then there is nothign wrong with hooking up with someone else for a night.

What i would definatly avoid however is hooking up with the same person multiple times, if your curios and experimenting, sex is one thing, but the quickest way to kill a relationship is to start caring for another

Experimenting is very essential especially with the other sex because it widens up your perspective on your own sexuality.