Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not even a goodnight kiss?
I don't know. I don't say those three words much. I hate when they become a synonym for "Hi"
I don't need to hear them to know someone loves me. And when those words are the only way how he lets me know about his "love" ... it's gross to listen to them.

And kissing good night... it's kind of the same. It can easily become a habit and not a thing of affection/attraction. I can do without that too.

^^ Agreed, it has to be real, not just lip service and, certainly not used to hurt us. I do like to say ti and show it, but if I'm saying "I love you." Kissing, cuddling and so on, I mean it - in a good way.

Nick9 Wrote:I don't know. I don't say those three words much. I hate when they become a synonym for "Hi"
I don't need to hear them to know someone loves me. And when those words are the only way how he lets me know about his "love" ... it's gross to listen to them.
And kissing good night... it's kind of the same. It can easily become a habit and not a thing of affection/attraction. I can do without that too.

My thoughts exactly. It IS gross...I only had one guy do that to me and he made my skin crawl. He did not love me at all...he loved showing me off to his friends.

It occurs to me that the only partners I've had who did things like that were those I was with only a short time.

I do it myself, but I don't get it back often. But it doesn't bother me, it's just different people have different ways of saying, "I love you."

One example was a stud who constantly worried about me (and being somewhat masculine I also cut her some slack when it came to little signs of affection) and I still recall fondly when she called a radio station to dedicate a song to me, and how when I endured my October nightmares (which were terrible, a manifestation of PTSD) she'd say she'd never let anyone hurt me and I could feel safe knowing she had my back. That's just one example of why even though I didn't get a lot of goodnight kisses I still felt loved.