Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Netflix and Gay Cinema
David's Birthday is a decent one on Netflix. Wavey
Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart

I highly recommend The Intouchables as well on Netflix.
Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart

Undertow was good as well. Wavey Sorry for the short posts but just passing by on lunch and was going through my netflix at the same time as this thread. Wink

CCRox Wrote:David's Birthday is a decent one on Netflix. Wavey

I really liked this one too !!

Netflix has some good movies, as does hulu.
I have a roku, so I can go from watching a show on netflix to watching the most recent episodes of my anime on netflix with a couple button pushes, and It is on my Tv, so I can be even lazier than someone on the computer XD anyway, I recently watched a movie called the geography club, I think it was a nice movie, with sad parts, the ending being my least favorite part

Humeinator2 Wrote:I recently watched a movie called the geography club, I think it was a nice movie, with sad parts, the ending being my least favorite part
Yeah, I kind of liked it too. Not a great movie by any means but its target audience is teens.

Had "I" been in it, it would have been infinatley better
well, it would have been worse, but hey, at least I would have been around some guys I thought where good looking
>.> I need to get into the movie buisness
or move to France or Canada and become a chef in JUST the right area....
Hmmmm XD but I really would love to be part of the making of a movie
would be a good experience

Alright, so I just had a little Netflix gay movie marathon and watched "Out in the Dark" and "Weekend" back to back. They are both very well done and similar in some respects.

Both are love stories. In "Out" the relationship is complicated by the realpolitik of the Israeli/Palestinian situation. This is more than a thematic backdrop. It is an outside force that ultimately limits the relationship. "Weekend," is a discussion about being gay that takes place between two men over a period of days. The antagonist in this film isn't a direct external political force but the more indirect consequences of having grown up and living within the confines of a heteronormative society. The characters in both films are well portrayed and "believable" within their films. Although "Out" is a good movie with a political point, "Weekend," to my mind is more endearing. I felt like I got to know both characters more intimately than in "Out."

It may be unavoidable at this stage of our social evolution, but wouldn't it be nice to see a movie with gay main characters where their sexual orientation was *not* a central component of the narrative?

wow! we have a GS movie critic now!

I've book marked this thread, Mike so I can come back and refer for the movie titles. I'm one of those guys who can't sit still long enough to watch a movie alone. It takes a pillow a blanket and a warm body to spoon with to get me to do it. ... and have two hours of leisurely foreplay up to the credits......and bang chicka bang bang time starts.

have to agree

keep the movie recommendations coming!