Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Neurotic Nonsense
Wow... here I am again saying that I'm stuck and I have no idea what I'm gonna do. Jeez I'm neurotic and probably one of the most effing dumb people ever. (Yes, I'm bashing on myself because I feel really guilty about this)

Hookay, details. I'm really not sure what to do with my bf. I almost NEVER talk to him anymore (namely because his internet access is so limited that he's lucky to get five minutes talking), and when I do, it seems like our conversations are just... strained. We've got very little we can talk about these days, namely because we're both so busy with schoolwork and such that we can't get out and experience the world at all.

I miss him I really do, I want to be able to fly over to San Diego or Connecticut (depending if he's in school or not) and just hug him for the very first time or even just talk to him face to face would be nice. And I'm really starting to get worried because every "I love you" that we say to eachother is starting to sound almost strained at this point.

So my question: what the hell do I do?! I feel like I hardly love the guy anymore when I'm not talking to him, and when I do talk to him, it just seems like there's something missing... I'm really confused and don't want to be in yet another dead-end-to-happen kind of relationship.

If I DO break up, I've really got nobody to go to... and because I've got such a dependency for relationships, I'm bound to get very very depressed if I'm not with him.

If I don't... well, then is it much better? I mean, it seems like I'm not going to get all too much more depressed at this point, seeing as this just seems like a desperate "lets do this because we're lonely and there's nobody else" kind of relationship...

Help? :frown:

I think you know what to do, you said when hes not there you hardly love him..

and then to me it seems your with him because he's there not because theres love.
[COLOR="Purple"]As I grow to understand less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.
[/COLOR]

Get a dog Sui......

Seriously, do me a favor. Go back and read your post like it was from someone else, and then give THAT person advice. Someone who lives thousands of miles away who you barely talk to (and barley like when you do) but you're afraid to leave him (???) because you'll be lonely......

You're with him it seems for all the wrong reasons.... for you both. you're 17 years old. Find yourself someone close t you who you an spend time with and enjoy, and let him do the same.

Or a cat...or a turtle....

So so scary, that you sound just like me. So much of that story rings true and strikes a chord with me.

Look at it this way... You deserve to be happy. That is EVERY person's basic, innate RIGHT.

And are you...?

You should remember that there is always life after a relationship. If you have the strength to accept the inevitable and take the necessary action, then you have the strength to survive the fallout that comes with it.

It doesn't seem like any kind of relationship to me. And you deserve better.

Good luck.

Dan x x x

Michael Wrote:Get a dog Sui......

Seriously, do me a favor. Go back and read your post like it was from someone else, and then give THAT person advice. Someone who lives thousands of miles away who you barely talk to (and barley like when you do) but you're afraid to leave him (???) because you'll be lonely......

You're with him it seems for all the wrong reasons.... for you both. you're 17 years old. Find yourself someone close t you who you an spend time with and enjoy, and let him do the same.

Or a cat...or a turtle....

Is that why I have a bunny :eek: Nah but hes right. It is a little.. Hmm. One thing which puzzled me was you said 'Love'.. if youve never met.. how can it be..
[/COLOR]

eh... thanks guys... if I DO break up, I'm going to wait until after the holidays. I've broken up/been broken up with during that time. it's pretty heartless.

I do have two dogs, and they both only just bother me to no end. And to be honest: animals... theoretically they're great, but as far as my experience goes, they've just been bad and bothersome. I don't know.

saltybeanz Wrote:Hmm. One thing which puzzled me was you said 'Love'.. if youve never met.. how can it be..

I don't know how to explain it. It's just... that. I felt it when I talked to him, I felt it when I first saw him through a webcam... but maybe that's just it. Maybe it wasn't love to begin with, I don't know...

Sui Wrote:I don't know how to explain it. It's just... that. I felt it when I talked to him, I felt it when I first saw him through a webcam... but maybe that's just it. Maybe it wasn't love to begin with, I don't know...

Just be strong and know we're here.. Confusedmile:
[/COLOR]

Sui,

it's not that I don't believe in long distance romances, I DO, I've seen them work many times. But for them to work you have t have a lot more going for you than just feelings. You need the ability to meet at least once in a while.... especially a first time. Plus you need the social skills to make a relationship of this kind work. It's hard enough at any age, but doubly, triply (worse) at 17 when you are still just getting started on romance and love and relationships.

Do yourself a favor. Go outside and meet a real live person where you are who you can spend quality time with and do the things someone your age should be doing and learning all the wonderous, amazing things that love at your age can offer. That's not going to happen on-line looking at your webcam. It's just not.

saltybeanz Wrote:Hmm. One thing which puzzled me was you said 'Love'.. if youve never met.. how can it be..

Oh believe me... those feelings CAN occur!! In some cases it is unrequited love. I too need to get out more and meet people... I know that much!!

wouldlikemuscle Wrote:Oh believe me... those feelings CAN occur!! In some cases it is unrequited love. I too need to get out more and meet people... I know that much!!

Ok pick me up at 9pm k? :biggrin:
[/COLOR]