Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New
Hi all. Not only am I new to the site, I am also new to posting on forums and communicating openly about my sexuality.

I am 24, and just recently came out to all my close friends. They were all very surprised but also very supportive. Despite their support, i still find it hard to communicate openly with them about everything that im feeling. It's getting easier though.

I had expectations about how coming out would feel. I always expected it to be a liberating experience in which i would feel free afterwards. To be honest, its like coming out made the reality.. unavoidable.. ha ha! I was also very surprised by the feeling of loneliness that followed.

Anyway, im floating somewhere in and around the realm of self acceptance and finding myself closer to the mark every day. Im sure that this forum will help me along the way Smile

Welcome to GS. I absolutely love your username. Coming out can be a disconcerting experience, but stick with it.
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

Thanks for that, and I'm glad to be here.

Hi and Welcome! Smile

Hello and welcome. Coming out often unleashes all sorts of feelings. Best wishes for getting it all together.

Hi, welcome along Confusedmile:

Thanks for the warm welcome and kind regards. Smile

welcooome to the websiiite :3

Welcome to the Gs community of friends. i came out at 25 so i know the feeling but i found the truth is always best rather than living a lie. Even in our state yes i know where Dana Point is lol

That is true. I definitely feel more true to myself, and i love being open with my friends. It just took some time to get used to standing outside the comfort zone. After I came out, it was like we hit a semi-awkward stand still in which no one knew how to act around me. We all realized pretty quickly that nothing had drastically changed other than the "hot guy" conversations between the girls and i haha!

its all in good fun. Thanks again, everyone, for the welcome Smile