Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Age music.
I have always been intrigued with New Age music. But, I always find myself over thinking the music, trying to make it academic, so that I may understand it. I guess I just need to take Rychard the Lionheart's opinion, and just close my eyes and enjoy.

rsconceptions, thanks for introducing me to your website, it is awesome, the music is above me!

Aaycle, why not just listen and enjoy the pleasure the music gives you. You don't need to dissect it unless you are doing a master's degree on music.

Shadowfax - A Pausa in the Rain [Originally released in 1987]

The group formed in 1972 and disbanded after 1995.

Wavestar - Early Rain [Released in 1997 from the'Out of Time' album]

Wavestar was an English New Age instrumental music duo active in the 1980s. Formed in 1983, the band consisted of John Dyson and David Ward-Hunt, both of Sheffield. Dyson and Ward-Hunt shared production and arrangement of the band's music. Both musicians contributed synthesizers, keyboards and sequencers, while Dyson also played guitar.

John also produced his own work, an example is below.

John Dyson - Home (Into the Light) [Originally released in 1995, from the 'Beyond the Gates' album]

David Arkenstone - Song of the Silkie [Released in 2003 from the album 'Spirit of Ireland']

David Arkenstone is an American New Age musician. His music is primarily instrumental, with occasional vocalizations. He has also composed music for TV and computer games.

Karunesh - A Journey Of The Heart [Released in 2003 from the album 'The Way of the Heart']

Karunesh (Hindi: करूनेश, "God of compassion"; born Bruno Reuter in 1956) is a German-born New Age and ambient musician. His music has strong Asian and Indian influences prevalent throughout, with liberal use of Indian instruments, such as the sitar

Gandalf - Echoes From Ancient Dreams [Released in 2003 from the album 'Between Earth and Sky']

Gandalf (name Heinz Strobl, born 1952) is the name used by this New Age composer from Austria. He plays a wide variety of instruments including guitars, keyboards, synthesizers and sitars. He includes electronic sounds into his music, and uses influences from music around the world.

Mars Lasar -Eagle Flight

Mars Lasar is an Australian-born keyboardist and composer. Predominantly new age, his music also contains elements of electronica, jazz, pop, world, and rock.

Edgar Froese - Upland [Originally released in 1974 from a solo album called 'Aqua']

Edgar Wilmar Froese is a German artist and electronic music pioneer, best known for founding the electronic music group, Tangerine Dream. Although his solo and group recordings prior to 2003 name him as "Edgar Froese", his solo albums from 2003 onward bear the artist name "Edgar W. Froese".

Klaus Schulze - Floating (full version 27:15 min) [Originally released in 1976 from the album called 'Moondawn']

Klaus Schulze is a German electronic music composer and musician. He also used the alias Richard Wahnfried. He was briefly a member of the electronic bands Tangerine Dream and Ash Ra Tempel before launching a solo career consisting of more than 60 albums (more than 140 CDs) lasting five decades.

A lot of music!!!!!