Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Kid In Town
Too old at 40?

Hrrumpf!!
I bid NO Trump!

welcome to the forum
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

Welcome to the forum Matt Smile. Hope your partner finds some stability and is more himself soon.

Hello, Matt, and Welcome to GaySpeak. I also loved this song by the Eagles, always preferred it to the A side which bore Hotel California. But that's me. Hotel California was very very popular in France and I daresay in Europe.

By the way, I am always interested, and I guess others are too, to know how people got together, especially if there is a bit of an age difference. So how did you and your partner meet? What made you both click?

Oh, also by the way, you'll have to post quite a few posts before you can do any of the things that we older posters are able to do, so go and play a few word games and notch up those first posts.

So in memory of your handle here's the video.

Matt608 Wrote:Lol he says he's "too old" for the forum.Frog He just turned 40 and he's having a major mid-life crisis.

[MENTION=24419]Matt608[/MENTION], I'm heading for my 58th birthday and I'm still on here, along with the other 40 or 50, or even 60 something posters, so you can tell him to relax and he'll be welcome too.

[MENTION=1766]princealbertofb[/MENTION] My partner was working in a real estate office back then (5 years ago) and rented me my first apartment. I thought he was the most conscientious rental agent ever because he dropped by 3 times to make sure everything was OK and I was getting settled lol. The age thing has never been a big deal, so I'm not sure why turning 40 has him so flustered.

Welcome ;D

Matt608 Wrote:Hi, my name is Matt and I've been lurking on several sites for a while now. This one seems like it would be best because it isn't about dating or hooking up, people seem to have actual conversations here.Not sure what to say about me. My partner and I own an antiques/collectables/consignment

Welcome Matt, I'm curious. What is your favorite antique in your possession?

oreosplz93 Wrote:Welcome Matt, I'm curious. What is your favorite antique in your possession?

I try not to get too attached to anything, because then I won't want to sell it and we'll never make any money lol. But I have a personal collection of vintage salt and pepper shakers from the 40s and 50s...pretty cool, they're in the form of animals, household objects, food...almost anything. My partner's more knowledgeable about antiques, I deal more with vintage collectables.

Welcome, Matt!