Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Prius
Well I'm pretty happy with it. Didn't blow up on the first day and has been averaging well over 60 MPG, in fact I averaged 77 MPG on the way to work this morning. Pretty hefty advantage on fuel economy compared to the Prius C I had and also a bit more power. The one thing that really stands out is the space, there's way more space for passengers and I'm one to put the seat all the way back and there's still plenty of leg room. Cargo space in the back is great and easy to access. The only car it doesn't match is the Grand Marquis, but it more than makes up for it having the back seats fold completely flat.

So far very happy with it and being able to get 700 miles on a tank of gas (11 gallons) can't complain.

Toyota finally gave the Prius a much needed face lift....

[Image: prius1.jpg]

[Image: prius2.jpg]

[Image: prius3.jpg]

[Image: prius4.jpg]

[Image: prius5.jpg]
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

Good for you! Congratulations.

If only I was properly educated so that I could make sense of you american units. But it's a prius, famous for its fuel efficiency. It has to be good.

It might be a good idea to get those "White" seats covered with something that will keep them safe...

They are a real nightmare to clean after mustard falls off your hamburger while your going 100 miles an hour and your joint slips from your lips and joins the mustard between your legs!!!! Nothing worse than a burned hole surrounded by a yellow colored stain on your new seat. <fleeeeeeeeeeeeeee>

I've replaced a few seats in my time (smile)....

Sin-cerely,
DopeHead Jim
We Have Elvis !!

I see you already have the radar detector installed, lol.

Camfer Wrote:I see you already have the radar detector installed, lol.

Had it in the Challenger. I more than likely will end up selling it, spent a lot of money on it and likewise could use the money spent on other things.

FYI the Prius is governed at 112 MPH... No I don't plan on driving that fast...at least not anymore. I had the Challenger wound up to 124 MPH and could have gone faster...
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

Farkin' slick, man!

Now all you have to do is take the amount you save on gas an put it toward one of those credit cards. I did that when I swore off beer for a while. It mounted up.

It does look to be a very nice car and much sportier than I would have thought. Neat.
I bid NO Trump!

I didnt know you were a Toyota man axle2152, though I always thought that Toyota™ Camry was better.

If it's had a face lift it was very much needed. The dashboard was absolutely hidious.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

LONDONER Wrote:If it's had a face lift it was very much needed. The dashboard was absolutely hidious.

The Prius C was pretty ugly to be honest, but the Prius C's body design wasn't all too bad. Just too small for my taste. My sister has a '07 Prius and yeah not the best looks but not all that bad.

knickerbuck Wrote:I didnt know you were a Toyota man axle2152, though I always thought that Toyota™ Camry was better.

Well here's all the cars I have ever had...

1986 Buick Skyhawk / 2.0 L I-4 (86 HP)
1995 Chevrolet Camaro / 3.4 L V-6 (165 HP)
2000 Mercury Grand Marquis GS / 4.6 L V-8 (200 HP)
2009 Pontiac G3 / 1.6 L I-4 (108 HP)
2013 Toyota Prius C / 1.8 L I-4 (99 HP)
2015 Dodge Challenger R/T / 5.7 L V-8 (375 HP)
2016 Toyota Prius / 1.8 L (121 HP)

I'm a bit of a car slut. Here's what I can say, domestic cars lose their value quicker and generally require more servicing. The dealers, at least here locally, have terrible customer service and look for any way to get you out of the door without fixing anything. I have never been so pissed off about a car problem than with the Dodge, thought I was doing good by buying local, helping the community and so forth...not worth it in my opinion. I am fine with making the drive over the mountain for servicing.

Not all imports are good imports, German cars (e.g. Mercedes, Volkswagen) are often way overrated. Japanese cars, Honda and Toyota simply last longer and in the case of the Prius little maintenance until you reach 100,000 miles. Outside of air filters, there's nothing but tire rotations and oil changes. Oil changes are only done every 10,000 miles.

At any rate hopefully I don't have any problems with this one. I did have an issue with the Prius C, coolant leak and they actually had to replace much of the top of the engine due to the design, all under warranty. Took about two weeks but they gave me a brand new Tacoma to drive around which was fun to drive and made up for it. I just hope I don't have too many of those issues post warranty as that sort of thing gets quite expensive. I was told that was a freak thing and had not seen any other Prius come in with that sort of problem.
Check out my stuff!

I'm not sure how I feel about the face lift, but I fucking LOVE my Prius (which is a year older than yours and has the old, tamer face).