Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New (Question on Faith and Homosexuality, the relationship between the two)
marshlander Wrote:Weird, innit? It is possible to exchange points of view in a rational and considered manner Wink
I can do that on other topics, religion just outrages me.

Ralwatt Wrote:I can do that on other topics, religion just outrages me.
I'm the same actually. Religion causes so much pain and misery. I also find talking to people who are religious frustrating. I know this is a weakness on my part, but until i conquer it I'll just avoid discussing the topic.

Australia Wrote:I'm the same actually. Religion causes so much pain and misery. I also find talking to people who are religious frustrating. I know this is a weakness on my part, but until i conquer it I'll just avoid discussing the topic.
Indeed, I try to be patient and cool-headed, but I have my limits and a great number of the religious people I encounter seem intent on pushing them.

marshlander Wrote:It's usually a bit slow for a newcomer's first ten or so posts, while some moderating takes place, but you're past that number, so a quick yell for help from Shadow or Spotysocks? Xyxwave

Hello hehe i am here!

Australia Wrote:Well its probably not a bad thing. I think I said something about all priests being child molesters.

I ve read it now..... was actually quite funny the way you phrased it but still a raw generalisation! lol Laugh

Quote:Religion is a sickness. Imagine what humankind could achieve if only it was cured of this mental disease. I don't even like discussing it.

We will get on well i am sure! Biggthumpup

Btw Austrlia, Ralwatt is right. posts get modded automatically for reasons i explained on the introductionary announcement. Shadz and i have to read and then aprove or not. I havent read everything yet though!Rolleyes I am so tired tonight (what an evening i had ...gosh so many life lessons in one evening i tell ya is tiring.i thought i knew everything :redfaceSmile

marshlander Wrote:You may have answered your own question. What a relief that comment was moderated so no one saw it Whew Rolleyes

lol
Diablotin

spotysocks Wrote:Btw Austrlia, Ralwatt is right. posts get modded automatically for reasons i explained on the introductionary announcement. Shadz and i have to read and then aprove or not. I havent read everything yet though!Rolleyes I am so tired tonight ...

Bless !!

Bighug.

I've gone through and modded them (they were good to go so I've approved them).

xx

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

Hate to be the one to point it out, but has this not rather ran away from the original topic?

Obviously there's a whole new debate sprung up and all, but coming back to the original cause for the topic, is it safe to assume that the original poster (Harry)'s credibility's been undermined? In which case, would it not be better to shift this to another post rather than to use this one and thus give him quotes of ours with which to play with?

Just a thought...

Ky xx

You might ask Spotysocks or Shadow to do the moving about.... as they can.

Confusedmile:
Woolfe Wrote:Hate to be the one to point it out, but has this not rather ran away from the original topic?

Obviously there's a whole new debate sprung up and all, but coming back to the original cause for the topic, is it safe to assume that the original poster (Harry)'s credibility's been undermined? In which case, would it not be better to shift this to another post rather than to use this one and thus give him quotes of ours with which to play with?

Just a thought...

Ky xx

BOO!! This thread is fascinating and i'd have dearly liked to have thrown in my two pennies much earlier, rather than resurrecting (if you'll excuse the imagery) a thread which is apparently long gone...

Personally i challenge anyone to produce a segment of the Bible which directly says 'homosexuality is bad.' Oh, no, wait... there isn't one?? Surprising that. There are all kinds of issues with the translation and interpretation of sections of the bible which make it impossible for anyone to categorically state that the bible says being gay, or gayness in general is wrong or in any way ungodly. We are all made in the image of God and that includes the queers and the crazies, facts that perhaps people forget. The only one who can judge me or my sexuality therefore is surely the man upstairs Himself. I personally cannot see why one who loves us and is there for us always would punish us for being the way he created us, in His own image. Or, to put it another way, there really isn't, to my view, any room for incompatibility between Christianity and my relationship with God and my sexuality, which is such a small part of who i am as a person.

Anyways, just an afterthought i felt i wanted to share...

-Joins in with answering the original question.

I am not religious at all. I don't hold any religious views, and I am one of the many which celebrate religious holidays for just the marketing side (If you get me) and not the meaning.

The casual sex thing I want to comment.. Many people assume this.. With things like all male saunas and certain public toilets which are known for a quickie.. BUT I don't think its more inclined to casual sex, I just think like as many people over the past decades etc didnt at all accept homosexuality, there was certain places which people were forced to go to, which I believe are the very few known for this kind of meet... I think its more to be with society, I mean if in a cinema people saw 2 guys making out etc in the back rows, then people would have a very very very different opinion to a guy and a girl.

So for me I think its mainly as people recognise the places where homosexual men for instance go, which have a bad reputation they tend to be outsourced rather than the many many many places where straight people meet and go for casual sex Smile

(Hope that makes sense)
[COLOR="Purple"]As I grow to understand less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.
[/COLOR]

sox-and-the-city Wrote:BOO!! This thread is fascinating and i'd have dearly liked to have thrown in my two pennies much earlier, rather than resurrecting (if you'll excuse the imagery) a thread which is apparently long gone...
Never mind, be bold and just do it Wink

Quote: ... We are all made in the image of God and that includes the queers and the crazies, facts that perhaps people forget. The only one who can judge me or my sexuality therefore is surely the man upstairs Himself. I personally cannot see why one who loves us and is there for us always would punish us for being the way he created us, in His own image. Or, to put it another way, there really isn't, to my view, any room for incompatibility between Christianity and my relationship with God and my sexuality, which is such a small part of who i am as a person. ...
Aren't there a lot of "ifs" missing in that paragraph? Rolleyes

Fundamentalists can and do justify their judgements in terms of a loving god. Have you never been confronted with the argument that this is our trial in life; to be tempted and to overcome temptation? Some are born disabled; we are born gay! How can one begin to reason with the inhabitants of a monochrome world who try to convince us that black is white anyway?

Twazzle Wrote:-Joins in with answering the original question.

... The casual sex thing I want to comment.. Many people assume this.. With things like all male saunas and certain public toilets which are known for a quickie.. BUT I don't think its more inclined to casual sex, I just think like as many people over the past decades etc didnt at all accept homosexuality, there was certain places which people were forced to go to, which I believe are the very few known for this kind of meet... I think its more to be with society, I mean if in a cinema people saw 2 guys making out etc in the back rows, then people would have a very very very different opinion to a guy and a girl.

... (Hope that makes sense)
Absolutely. Good point.