Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New (Question on Faith and Homosexuality, the relationship between the two)
i am gay and i am also a Christian...
i believe that faith and sexuality can some together...
my GOD is a loving GOD who makes no mistakes...
HE created me the way HE wanted me to be...
HE is is happy with who and what i am...

ian20090326 Wrote:i am gay and i am also a Christian...

With this Conviction and your Faith you can be a great Help for Gay-Christians...
and I think every God and Goddess is happy if they see that their "Children" make the best from the kind how he made them.

regards
da fen

ian20090326 Wrote:my GOD is a loving GOD who makes no mistakes...

How do you explain / what do you think about Noah and the great flood?

Just curious....
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

ian20090326 Wrote:i am gay and i am also a Christian...
By all means believe in whatever you like, but don't expect anyone to accept the idea of a loving god who makes no mistakes. If a merciful and loving god created everything that is, why on earth would he, for example, create a parasitic worm which can only survive by boring through the eyes of children in Africa, making them blind ?

I am more persuaded by an argument that suggests that man created god to try and explain the things he didn't understand.

This is a relatively old thread. Yeah, I'm an atheist.

marshlander Wrote:By all means believe in whatever you like, but don't expect anyone to accept the idea of a loving god who makes no mistakes. If a merciful and loving god created everything that is, why on earth would he, for example, create a parasitic worm which can only survive by boring through the eyes of children in Africa, making them blind ?

I am more persuaded by an argument that suggests that man created god to try and explain the things he didn't understand.

Holy hell cats truer words have never been spoken Marsh!!

marshlander Wrote:If a merciful and loving god created everything that is, why on earth would he, for example, create a parasitic worm which can only survive by boring through the eyes of children in Africa, making them blind ?

Perhaps in order to be able to expel Adam & Eve from the Garden of Eden, God needed to have made other parts of the world less hospitable?
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

Normally, I wanted to resist this statement ... but I'm not good at hiding my opinion.
I see several opinions about and against Christians ... and that's Ok and I am the last person to defend Christianity .... but if we have a Christian here who open and enlightened deal with his faith and allows a much more liberal view, we should probably support him rather than reject .... no matter where one stands on this belief. Our own negative experiences should not tempt us to support the negative attitudes and promote more positive directions.
Every liberal Christian, we reject by our thoughts about Christianity is a loss and one to much ... and thus supports the gay haters among Christians.

So ... now anyone can throw a rotten tomato to me... but only one.... you know.. I´m old and frail....

fenris Wrote:... if we have a Christian here who open and enlightened deal with his faith and allows a much more liberal view, we should probably support him rather than reject .... no matter where one stands on this belief. ...
Every liberal Christian, we reject by our thoughts about Christianity is a loss and one to much ... and thus supports the gay haters among Christians ...
As always, fenris, a thoughtful contribution to the discussion. However it may appear to the contrary, I do not reserve any special contempt for Christians, but I do reserve the right to resist any assertion based on faith in a being, or beings, whose existence has never and, in all likelihood, will never be proven. If someone's faith is so fragile that what they believe cannot stand up before a differently reasoned point of view, they might be better off basing what they do in life on something a little more substantial. If any creature in this world was created in its own god's image I would say it would be more likely to be the eye-boring parasite which (if you will indulge me a touch of anthropomorphism) must be thanking its god for its daily bread.

No one should expect to make a statement to the effect that they are the product of a cosmic manufacturer who somehow "loves" them, but who more than that "does not make mistakes" and remain unchallenged. A belief in the infallibility of non-existent beings has kept people in poverty, danger and ignorance since the beginning of conscious thought.

In case you missed it I'll repeat that I have no problem with people explaining their lives in whatever way makes sense to them, but once they bring those ideas into a public medium they had better be prepared to encounter questions and other points of view. Ideas and beliefs stand or fall by their merits and more especially by their outcomes and those concerning the infallibility of mystical beings were weighed in the balance and found wanting long ago. Our progress as a species towards greater health, sanity, fairness and compassion has often been achieved despite the best efforts of the loudest voices among the faithful to impede it. The meeker folk who feel they have no reason to express a contrary point of view have just let the bullies get on with it. That is collusion by any definition. Any member of any faith community who has challenged an orthodoxy that states we must suffer now, because rewards will come our way after we're dead, has usually done so at great personal cost. It interferes with some very powerful interests.

I don't get at all the idea that religious convictions are somehow immune from scrutiny. As I see it, anyone is welcome here to discuss matters of interest and concern to our queer communities, even if those ideas concern matters of faith. Despite years of denial and attempts to behave to the contrary I am and always have been gay. I don't see this changing in my lifetime. Painful a process as it is one can work through the burden of a religious upbringing to begin to take personal responsibility for the way one behaves towards others. My conclusion from this is that religious belief is one of life's bolt-ons. Sexual orientation is not. I am fascinated by other people's religious beliefs and have often had long discussions about them. Strange that, however moderate they might appear to be, I'm the one who always feels as though I must not disturb the edifice of their faith, whatever they say about me being gay. Evidence of a few messages I have posted to this forum will show that I, among many here, do our best to support our fellow contributors. The Christian, Muslim, Hindu, Jew, Pagan, rationalist or whatever will receive the same support, courtesy and consideration as anyone else. Anything anyone writes here could make someone question his faith. We should have nothing to fear from questions. Nothing anyone says, though, is going to turn a gay man straight or a straight man gay.

This is not a tomato Wink

(((marshlander)))

That is what I have missed.... you wrote it really clearly : A justification with so many view points. And with this justification anyone christian should be able to live with... its not only the facts.. thrown like a stick to the dog. It shows that you or better we ( I use much "you" as "we" and "I" in this cases ) can live with the person ... but in a critical way against their Believe. And that we have spend much time with thinking about it and why the answer is how it is

And I really not count it as tomato :-)

And yes... Namaste´