Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Vehicle vs New Home
I have not done a research question in a while, so here goes a new research question for you peeps out threre--

I live in a bad part of town and live in some pretty shitty apartments, only because I don't have the money to live anywhere else right now. I also drive an old truck, which is still decent...nothing wrong with the engine and it still gets good gas mileage.

But I have seen a LOT of people around here driving new $50,000 to $80,000 vehicles, and still live in a dump. A lot of people seem to prefer new vehicles instead of a decent, safe home to live in.

Which one do you prefer?
(see the poll)

MisterTinkles Wrote:I have not done a research question in a while, so here goes a new research question for you peeps out threre--

I live in a bad part of town and live in some pretty shitty apartments, only because I don't have the money to live anywhere else right now. I also drive an old truck, which is still decent...nothing wrong with the engine and it still gets good gas mileage.

But I have seen a LOT of people around here driving new $50,000 to $80,000 vehicles, and still live in a dump. A lot of people seem to prefer new vehicles instead of a decent, safe home to live in.

Which one do you prefer?
(see the poll)

Time to lef the Trash Can mr.grouch Hands-make-heart

~

But personally, I don't mind walking and catching the Bus to places I need to be, but I need a place to go back to, so I need a house or "crib" as you Americans say. lol

I know for a fact, that in Jamaica, when you are of age, it's almost customary for (usually) boys to have or try the damned hardest to own a car, called a "Bimma" . and often if you listen to songs, you'd hear them say how they wish to have owned a Bimma from Young.

Not to say they place Cars over a House, but it's obvious that this is a goal for them, especially amongst the poorer parts.

So it depends on the culture and economic state of things.

Shoot, it's Tradition here for Boys to get their Bike at 16, usually to Tow "their gurls" on the back. This is dying out as girls are getting their own bikes and stuff, however, the want for a Bike is what every 16 year old Bermudian wants...

So in that regard, We would want a Vehicle before we do a House, but as we get older, a House becomes more important, obviously...where would you park de bike? lol

Even me, I wanted a Bike like everyone else when I was 16 and got one when I was 17, but it broke down a few months later... and since then I haven't had the desire for a vehicle really...except for on rainy days.

But ya, now I would want a House (which I now have), before I would want a Vehicle.

Forget appearances, shoot, where I live, your watch would go missing so fast your hair line would recede! Not to even talk about a 80,000$ car...

64 views and only 5 votes????

Really??????

My dream would be a travelling home.. a double decker bus, a Zeppelin, a submarine, a train, yeah that would be so cool.

New Vehicle:
Advantages:
*You don't have to move out of where you are living, which means no house hunting or paying new rent.
*Maybe you can get a fuel efficient car, which may decrease some of your gas spending.
*New car may get you some boys!
*Less squeaky suspension
Disadvantage:
*You live in a bad neighborhood. I guess bad could mean that your new car may get stolen.
*Probably high maintenance fees.

New House:
Advantages:
*Getting to move to a better part of the town, getting to know new people.
*Getting to maybe live closer to your friends.
*Maybe more space to put more things in.
*Closer to subway? If you use subway a lot.
Disadvantages:
*May cost more to maintain it.
*A lot of new things to buy.
*May get a crazy neighbor.

Don't forget that renting another home - or leasing a car - can often make more economic sense than buying either.

Assuming I have the money to acquire either, then home it is....family never owned a vehicule, so I'm used to public transportation, bikes and my legs...Confusedmile:

It depends on which will save you money in the long run I suppose.

New home for me, I like working on cars so having an old car (which I already have:p ) is not a problem. And when I do get a new home I'm making a room my thater room with a projector screen and surround sound.
[Image: tumblr_n60lwfr0nK1tvauwuo2_250.gif]

Thanks for all the votes so far peeps.

This poll isnt about the "grey" areas of having a new car or new home, its on where you would rather spend your money.

Example:
You live in a bad place and drive a used vehicle.
I give you $50,000 cash.
Would you buy a new car and still live in horrible conditions.
Or would you keep your old car and put that money towards your own home in a better place.
And you can only use that cash for one or the other, not both.