Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New evidence of Viking life in America?
I presume that this will be of interests to many Americans and maybe we can scotch the myth that Columbus "discovered" America.

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-3593572...ine_010416
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

Omg! Yes, I saw that last night! It's so interesting

The vikings did discover north america, but they left relatively fast since the native Americans hunted them down xD

i guess us people from Scandinavia weren't that hardcore vikings after all xD

this is old knowledge. it's in the history books. i've known about this for years. not only did they discover the American continent, they made more than just one trip. so, nothing new here.
''Do I look civilized to you?''

in grade school I always thought it was weird that they taught so much on how Columbus thought he was the first to discover America, he actually thought he discovered a quicker route to India. but our teachers always let us know that the Vikings came here first.
[Image: tumblr_n60lwfr0nK1tvauwuo2_250.gif]

meridannight Wrote:this is old knowledge. it's in the history books. i've known about this for years. not only did they discover the American continent, they made more than just one trip. so, nothing new here.

Yes indeed, but this is yet more physical proof,
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

Leif Ericsonn.................

MickTheMousie Wrote:i guess us people from Scandinavia weren't that hardcore vikings after all xD

That's true of you Danes, but not us Norwegians. We rule.

Yeah, yeah, I saw the documentary:

LONDONER Wrote:Yes indeed, but this is yet more physical proof,

There was physical proof already. Sure, some more can't hurt, but really it's a done deal already.

In any case, vikings or no vikings, Columbus did not discover the continent, because he died thinking he had reach Asia.

The merit goes to the first dude after him that realized he was seeing new land. Can't remember who that was, Vespucio maybe?

Under the same standard, the credit can't go to vikings either, since they didn't made the knowledge general and clearly no permanent settlement was achieved.
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]