Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New here, from the Northeastern US
I'm relatively new to gay life. Came out last year. I know that many guys (and gals) talk about their difficulty with coming out, but for me the only thing holding me back was myself. I went away for work and at some point I went to a church and just reflected on my situation. As a non-out gay man I could continue with empty hookups and living a lie, virtually guaranteeing an inability to commit to anyone fully, or I could come clean and move forward. So, that night, I did just that. I called those close to me and gave them the news. Interestingly nobody expected it, despite that voice in the back of my head insisting otherwise. Afterward and a few drinks later, I felt so relieved. The feeling of so much angst disappearing was well worth it.

Anyway here I am, hoping to make a few gay friends and just to generally contribute to / benefit from online conversation. Anyone from Philadelphia especially hit me up as we are close enough to hang out! And for anyone into solo travel, I'd very much appreciate a PM as I LOVE to travel alone. Okay I'll admit, it's weird, but solo sightseeing and relaxation is awesome, albeit not for everyone.

So I guess that's it...I'm introduced!?

Hi and welcome to GS Smile

Hello hpamire79. Welcome to GS. Wavey

Welcome to G.S.

Welcome here!

Now, let's get down to business. Pat's or Geno's?
I bid NO Trump!

Welcome, and Congrats !!!!

You've made the right move, welcome to GS Smile

welcome to the forum
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

The tough part about coming out (for me) was accepting myself. Since then I've found out that's really the hardest part for most people. Once you become happy in your own skin things change for the best. Sure some people are going to react a bit negatively towards you at first but try to understand that for them it's as if you've been lying to them for years and they feel like they don't know you. Be patient about it.

If you start looking for a rule book about how things work once you're out, sorry. We aren't sharing. LOL. You just have guess and make it up as you go along like the rest of us have had to do and are still doing. The old perverts on GS... mmm.. I mean... emmm.. THE NICE SENIOR GAYS are always full of good advice worth listening to.

So... since you've just come out don't waste much time telling us about the straight guy you're crushing on and not sure if he's crushing back or if you should move on or spend the rest of your life lusting over. Everyone seems to go through that phase and we know how it feels.

Also all you have to do is ask ANYONE for help and you'll get it. That's what most of us hang out here to do. Expect some humor and fun thrown in, even on serious questions. I finally came out here in GS about my serious crack addiction and have been treated like a dog for it... in spite of them treating me so bad I am seeking help for it and trying to help others get over their addictions to crack.
click here to read about what it's like to be addicted to.... CRACK... LOL.
http://gayspeak.com/showthread.php?t=328...+addiction

memechose Wrote:So... since you've just come out don't waste much time telling us about the straight guy you're crushing on and not sure if he's crushing back or if you should move on or spend the rest of your life lusting over. Everyone seems to go through that phase and we know how it feels.

Also all you have to do is ask ANYONE for help and you'll get it. That's what most of us hang out here to do. Expect some humor and fun thrown in, even on serious questions. I finally came out here in GS about my serious crack addiction and have been treated like a dog for it... in spite of them treating me so bad I am seeking help for it and trying to help others get over their addictions to crack.
click here to read about what it's like to be addicted to.... CRACK... LOL.

LoL I haven't "just" come out, it was last year. That means an entire year of trial-and-erroring. Or as I like to think of it, mainly me with much erroring lol.

How long have you been out?