Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New here, shell shocked
I'm joining the thread late, so Welcome Perry, and good luck with your future. My partner was married for many many years before he came out to his ex wife and she still wouldn't believe him, so it's not going to be easy. They are now divorced, however; so things did move on, eventually. We've been together for 12 years now. He suffered from depression badly while he was trying to figure all this out, and it was his kids that kept him alive, in the end. I'm glad he didn't go down that route, but you need to take that depression seriously, although it seems to me you're now dealing with the crux of the issue, so you ought to be feeling better soon.
Good luck.

Hi everyone,
Yes I did attend the men's support group last night. I met a wonderful group of guys, married and divorced, who were very welcoming and were able to relate to what I'm going through. I tried to share what I'm feeling along with as much background as I could given limited time.
I went along to a local watering hole afterwards and got to know a few of them a little more socially.
Overall it was a very positive experience and I do intend to keep going. Any specific questions please PM me.
Thanks, Perry

LikesTightness Wrote:Hi everyone,
Yes I did attend the men's support group last night. I met a wonderful group of guys, married and divorced, who were very welcoming and were able to relate to what I'm going through. I tried to share what I'm feeling along with as much background as I could given limited time.
I went along to a local watering hole afterwards and got to know a few of them a little more socially.
Overall it was a very positive experience and I do intend to keep going. Any specific questions please PM me.
Thanks, Perry
Xyxthumbs

LikesTightness Wrote:Hi everyone,
Thanks, Perry

That is so cool Perry! I love that you were proactive and actually did something positive for yourself and took a step forward...

Alot of people ask for advice here...half of them never bother to respond...and many more pretty much ignore the advice and repeat the same thing over and over...but sometimes...it makes a difference so it makes all the rest worth it....

So it is refreshing to hear someone do something positive ...seriously...thanks for the update...

I wish you the best dude!

East Wrote:That is so cool Perry! I love that you were proactive and actually did something positive for yourself and took a step forward...

Alot of people ask for advice here...half of them never bother to respond...and many more pretty much ignore the advice and repeat the same thing over and over...but sometimes...it makes a difference so it makes all the rest worth it....

So it is refreshing to hear someone do something positive ...seriously...thanks for the update...

I wish you the best dude!

Thank you East. I'm actually attending my first gay party Sunday afternoon. It was recommended by the support group coordinator as being very nice, casual, socially oriented and BBQ like, not sleazy. The age group is also supposed to be similar so I decided to go.
Dress is casual so I'll just wear a hawaiian shirt and shorts over my chastity belt 8^)
I'll let you know what it's like.
Thanks, Perry

matty7 Wrote:I can say for sure that you are not alone as ive been on Gayspeak for a few years now and we have had many married guys on here - one of my good friends from here who doesn't post anymore that I keep in touch with has never been happier since he and his wife split....it was a terrible time for him and his wife but he needed to do it and now hes got a lovely boyfriend -
what a terrible web site you first joined though - not sure why they think they can speak to people like that without knowing them or the life they live but I hope at GS no one would post crap like that , enjoy your stay here

Actually We Told Him Not To Cheat On His Wife

MrBoddy2005 Wrote:Actually We Told Him Not To Cheat On His Wife

There Was Nothing Wrong With The Site, He Was Just Looking For Justification To Screw Around On His Wife