Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New on campus...
So I finally made it to college for the summer. I like it here and I'm glad that I can finally be myself and start all over again, out of the closet and everything. But I'm pretty lonely, I don't know anyone here on campus. There aren't that many people on campus during the summer sessions. That along with my mild case of social anxiety is helping the situation. I really suck at making friends. My roommate is alright, but we don't have anything in common... I honestly don't even know where to start...

Find a gay thing. Like. A gay community group thingy. It's easier to disguise your desire for human interaction with some sort of...deed. So like. Become a volunteer, and you'll meet some similar peeps. I'd think.

Summer on campus is interesting. Most folks are there to focus on something, maybe one class, or language training, so things are not quite the same as the regular year...not as social. Spend dime concentrating on your work and just being generally friendly. By the time the fall rolls around, you will know the layout of things and be more relaxed than all the newbies, so you will have an edge. Whatever you do, remember that the coursework should always be your main focus. That is what you are paying to do. Social life will come along for sure, though.
I bid NO Trump!

I am happy for you! Make the most of it...try to fully enjoy your time there.

I actually had some social anxiety a long time ago but I just forced myself out of it ...get a part time job in a gay bar or something that will force you to interact with people so you will have no choice ...you'll be forced out of it.