Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New to Everything
Welcome to the forum you will make some good friends here.Confusedmile:

Hey, you sound very mature in how you are looking at things - kudos! I can completely relate to your situation and think you are going about it all the right way. Hope to hear more from you in future posts! Cool

CustomMadeKid Wrote:Does the girl you dated still have any romantic feelings for you or does she see you just as a friend? If she sees you as a friend I'd tell her, because she'll find out sooner or later and it's probably best she hears it from you (in my opinion). Plus chances are she might know deep down, especially if she asked you several times when you were dating.

Straight crushes on friends suck! But I'm glad you aren't going to act on it! Not all straight guys accept gay guys, so it's great that your friend has and you wouldn't want to push him away by making a move on him. I hope everything works out for you!

Perhaps she does but unlikely. She's said for awhile that are relationship is better as friends than lovers (makes sense). She graduates in a week and we will be across the state from each other. I plan to talk to her but I'm nervous because she was the only one I ever lied to about this (if you don't count deception by omission).

It's very strange, we have gotten incredibly close (no sexual tension, however) over the years in college and I don't even know if it's a romantic feeling or maybe even straight guys feel like this when they have a really good friend Confusedmile:

Andrew, Welcome to GaySpeak. That was quite a story. My take on this is that you shouldn't put any pressure on your best best friend if he is straight. It made sense to tell him that you are gay, but don't expect him to change sides, that would just be wishful thinking. There's no reason why you can't have those loving feelings for him, if there's no sexual pressures to accompany them. After all, you can't help who you feel close to.

Other than that, I shouldn't worry about losing people who won't understand you or want to be part of your circle... you get to build your own family of friends now. Letting go seems difficult, but it's worth it when you realise that you can be happier not worrying about fitting in to their mindsets.
Good luck.

Your ex girlfriend saw it coming, before you did... you've got to give her that... Tell her you took time coming to terms with it because of your family background and of being unsure... Now you are realising that you didn't really want a relationship of a sexual nature with a woman. She'll be glad that you can now be yourself.

Hello and welcome Andrew .Welcome

Hello Andrew Welcome to the forum

Hello and welcome to GS!

Welcome to GS, RainbowAndrew!