Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New to GaySpeak
Emiliano Wrote:That's cool, I took German in school and I'd really like to visit there someday.

I think [MENTION=21558]Emiliano[/MENTION] and [MENTION=23020]Alehksh[/MENTION] should go and visit Germany together. I think Berlin in in the books.

Alehksh Wrote:That's awesome! I took French. I reaallly want to go to France.
[MENTION=23020]Alehksh[/MENTION] : Tu seras le bienvenu. Tu pourrais proposer tes services comme assistant de langue dans un collège ou un lycée français? Mais il faut que tu sois inscrit comme étudiant quelque part avant.

Alehksh Wrote:It's extremely comforting to know that there are great people like you on this forum! I've been meaning to look for something like this for a while now and tonight I finally decided to do so. I'm glad I did! :biggrin:

I love San Francisco BTW. I haven't been there in a long time but it is just amazing down there. Definitely one of the coolest cities I've been to.

So this will be my official Welcome message to you @Alehksh (too many Hs, btw, lol) and I hope you find here some of the answers that you've been waiting for. You are obviously new to all this except that you've grown up in a very different era from the likes of me or @MikeW (I have much esteem for the man). I know this will be of no consolation to you but I only had a real gay relationship starting about 13 years ago and I'm now 56 so can you see how long it can be before you start getting a life? In fact, I'm from a different generation and gay relationships were neither visible, nor the sort our parents wanted for us as we were growing up. Then came the AIDS crisis which didn't help as it added fear.

Parents today are a little cooler about it now that they've understood that it's part of the human makeup. Nevertheless, it can be hard to find an ideal partnership in your neighbourhood depending on how gay friendly and accepting the area is or your school environment is. I find kids very brave who can own up to being gay at school. Hopefully, despite all the bullying that still goes on in many places, even where same sex marriage is an option, they are finding places where they can be themselves and not have to hide it.

So my question to you is -- maybe you've answred this, I haven't read everything you've posted yet -- how does your family take the fact that you're gay? Do they actually know? What are your family circumstances? Who knows that your orientation is gay?

princealbertofb Wrote:I think [MENTION=21558]Emiliano[/MENTION] and [MENTION=23020]Alehksh[/MENTION] should go and visit Germany together. I think Berlin in in the books.

The only thing that keeps me from traveling more than my complete lack of funds is my ridiculous fear of flying. I can't even look at airplanes in the sky without getting anxious.

But hey if someone else is paying for the ship and train fare, dann lass uns gehen!

Emiliano Wrote:The only thing that keeps me from traveling more than my complete lack of funds is my ridiculous fear of flying. I can't even look at airplanes in the sky without getting anxious.

But hey if someone else is paying for the ship and train fare, dann lass uns gehen!
I think it would be a good idea to take a workshop or seminar on vanquishing flight terror. The airlines offer that to future customers. Honestly it is one of the safest ways to travel (and fastest too).

princealbertofb Wrote:I think it would be a good idea to take a workshop or seminar on vanquishing flight terror. The airlines offer that to future customers. Honestly it is one of the safest ways to travel (and fastest too).

i dont see that as the kind of thing that a class could teach out of me...

Alehksh, if your grandparents have any tendency to sip on cocktails at all a couple of Sazeracs in New Orleans should have them ready to check out the sites. It is an incredible city. Get on the net and learn everything you can before you go and then soak in the place. Two things: the Quarter smells like garbage and Where you got yo' shoes is on yo' feet! And for goodness sake, eat. It is a food place;
I bid NO Trump!

Emiliano Wrote:i dont see that as the kind of thing that a class could teach out of me...

Well, [MENTION=21558]Emiliano[/MENTION], I often fly with Easyjet, and I know they have a programme to make people overcome their fears of flying. You are not alone, and it seems it would be at least worth a try. What have you got to lose?

princealbertofb Wrote:Well, [MENTION=21558]Emiliano[/MENTION], I often fly with Easyjet, and I know they have a programme to make people overcome their fears of flying. You are not alone, and it seems it would be at least worth a try. What have you got to lose?

My life! lol

Emiliano Wrote:My life! lol

We stand to lose our lives in all sorts of daily circumstances, to be honest. Partaking in a programme to lose your fear of flying won't make you lose your life. You can then still decide that flying is not for you. But how come you would feel safe on a boat, or a train, when accidents on those modes of locomotion statistically kill more people (even if accidents remain rare)? The real killer is still the private cars, or the two wheelers.