Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New to everything and need help
So I only started dating recently, after losing 60lbs, and really need help. I have no idea where to start, what to expect, or even how to act on a certain number of dates. I've been texting and talking to this one guy and we hung out at the zoo for a couple hours, we don't really know eachother that well but do far we have a lot in common. So another question is... When should I actually ask him out?

should have asked him out when you were at the zoo
serious your thinking you have a lot in common

congratulations of the weight loss

Welcome newbie!

It sounds like you are doing great!

During that get to know phase, my bf and I took walks, played Frisbee and basketball, hung out and shared our music tastes, and met for coffee after classes. We just kept things short, and low-key and talked a lot face-to-face.

It was about 2 weeks after hanging out that he asked me to a school dinner/banquet he had. After that we both planned our next date together and split the cost.

Miniature golf was a fun date because it was early afternoon and outside, we went for pizza after and then to a different place for ice cream. It kind of keeps things moving to have different places to go. IDK, do things where you will be comfortable.

I tend to like dates where you can do something, talk and learn about each other. (Game type dates help me learn how a person wins, loses, and basically his sportsmanship. Also, if he knows how to have fun or makes everything a competition.)

There's no time frame, go with your instinct. I think the zoo was a great idea for a first meeting; always go for that public place with lots of people around you. So, well done!

Best wishes!

Welcome to the boards! Good luck with the dating game!

Newbie1021 Wrote:So I only started dating recently, after losing 60lbs, and really need help. I have no idea where to start, what to expect, or even how to act on a certain number of dates. I've been texting and talking to this one guy and we hung out at the zoo for a couple hours, we don't really know eachother that well but do far we have a lot in common. So another question is... When should I actually ask him out?

Awesome job on the weight loss, you should be proud of yourself.

When should you ask him out?

Listen to your heart, and chances are if you are asking this question, you should be asking him on a date now Wink

He is more than likely as nervous as you...Luck favours the brave...be brave mate Wink

ask him out bro!!!!