Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New to this( Louisiana )
Hello, I am new to this. I am young, about to turn 19, I am currently in college right now planning and mapping out a successful future.

So let me explain my story.

I am not out yet but simply I am still on a gay speaking website. I recently visited new Orleans, a very gay friendly city in Louisiana. I loved it! For the first time I felt as if it was safe to be gay. I had a great weekend, as I am home today, I thought about how much I am missing from my life. Everyone at the bar was happy with their partners. I was a bum, sure I talked to lot of people there, and I enjoy their company. But all of this confused me. I felt lonely and I always hate to watch my straight friends be happy with their "girlfriends" and me by myself. So I started google searching and found this website. I am trying to achieve partnership and mainly just friends so I can talk too.

I guess my closet level is, that the closet is open but I am afraid to walk out. I am Asian, and my parents would probably disown me because I am gay. Sad, but true.

If you would like to talk please send me a private message, or interested in friends or partnerships please email me

I wrote a pretty good description on my profile

Hi and Welcome Confusedmile:

G Day and welcome to GaySpeak, I'm glad you found us and I hope that we can help you Wink

Welcome to the forums

Hi Wavey

Don't rush. It's good to hear that your closet door is open, but don't go running out with your arms flailing everywhere. Do what's right for you and as an 18 yr old, you don't have to rely so heavily on your parents, it's nice to and ofcourse you respect them, but don't be upset if they're upset/angry.

Just love them anyway, it's the best thing you could do, don't obsess over it, don't force them to accept it and don't be devastated if they dont. Just live your life the best way you can and eventually, they'll come around and if they don't, it's their loss Confusedmile: . This maybe harder for you because your Asian and what not, but asians are still people, and deserve the same rights and libraties as everyone else.

My family already knew from young I was gay, cause I was more into girl stuff when I was younger, but it didn't make it that much easier for me, because some people around me didn't like it, especially in a majoritively black community (so I can kinda relate to you). In life, there's always gonna be people who don't like you, your choices, how you live your life, but at the end of the day, the most important person you have to think about is yourself and what makes you happy. Forget everyone else. Your parents are definetly important and I'm not saying disrespect them/stop loving them, but if they can't accept you the way you are, then you just have to hold your chin up and live your life. They can't give you your life and expect to dictate/control it to how they want it, each life is individual and therefore you deserve to be able to live your life the way that makes you happy.

Don't live your life for other people, no matter how much you love and respect them, cause you only get one life, so live it the way you want to and have fun :biggrin:.

-From a fellow 18 going on 19 year old Biggrinflip .

Oh, and by the way:
[Image: Welcome.png]

Hi and welcome! I hope you will find what/who you are looking for. The trip sounded like fun Smile

Hi and welcome jrash , make yourself at home.
[Image: welgs3.gif]

welcome to gs.

Welcome! Wavey

Hello and welcome to the forum mate Smile
Sometimes you need a bit of chaos in your life to be able to shrug off pitiful disdain about something meaningless.