Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New year fitness goals!
Lexington Wrote:Itinerary-wise, it was the Baltic cruise. I had resigned myself to probably never leaving the US in my lifetime, and suddenly, I got to sample a bunch of countries I never thought I would. While eating in a nice restaurant in Norway, I told my partner "This is so surreal to me, my brain is trying to convince me that I'm actually eating at Epcot Center. It's the only way it makes sense for me to be eating here." Estonia and St Petersburg were especially awesome.

As far as the cruises themselves, they've all been great. We've had some very minor issues and inconveniences, but they've always been relaxing and enjoyable as a whole.

Lex

Cool, my ex works for Oceania Cruises (now owned by NCL, unfortunately) but when they first started I was jonesing for that Baltic run (England to St. Petersburg and back). Now with things in Russia being as they are, I'm not sure I'd do it. Of course I said that about Egypt too.

Cuddly Wrote:Good idea, but how does one look at gyms? Do I throw money (expensive starterfee+firstmonthsubscription) at them to let me in or do I just look through the nonexisting windows? Sad
I would love to make the gym a part of my routine, but my routine is already shot. I should get a routine.

As was said, you can go look at any of them. Just beware the sales team and tell them you'll stop back before they get you cornered and start signing you up for a FREE evaluation with a personal trainer (always a ploy to get you into a contract with the trainer).

I YouTube'd a routine that worked great for me. You can do so much with just dumbbells at home. Diet is a critical part of any workout regimen though. It all comes down to how much you want it Smile

Lexington Wrote:On the Disney Cruises, the gym is literally right above the bridge. I wonder when I'm jogging up there if they can hear me thumping against the floor down below. Smile

Lex

I'm certain there's a Thumper joke in there somewhere...

Hey guys,

Thought you cool people might be interested in taking advantage of some awesome fitness & wellbeing freebies: www starcreatures.com.au/wp/members

For everyone who don't relate to the mainstream fitness and beauty culture, having our own body positive & LGBTQ-safe community of alternative fitness warriors is a dream come true!

Hope to see you there!
Race

P.S. Please share with those you love who want to get FIT as well as CHILLED OUT and support this cool and inclusive world-first!

• Carry heavier weights (Front squat, deadlift etc.). My friend said I'm a bit 'baby-ish' with weights. I do carry heavy weights but he believes I can carry heavier. So I have been pushing myself really hard ever since I got that not so exciting news from my surgeon. My friend was right. I can carry heavier.
  • Preparing for my second long distance running on 4th October 2015. Another 10km run. I would like to improve my running time. I finished my first 10km run within 74 minutes so I hope I can run less than that.
  • Improve my physical. Cutting off my fat percentage.

I wish I had even half of your motivation, Jay. Go for it!
I bid NO Trump!

Thanks Ljay for the kind words. I will do the best that I can.

I still have long way to go. But I will not give up. I will push myself harder and give the best effort in life.