Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New year...time for contemplation
So....it's the 29th December. Three days left of this year. As the new year approaches most of us contemplate the year ahead and reflect on the past year.

So post below: your biggest lesson this year/best reflection and what you hope to achieve next year.

I think it would be great to share our thoughts and experiences.

Happy sharing and chatting

CK

Great idea for a thread Wink

Well...

2014: Found out my sexuality, it took me a month or less to accept it. Came out to my friends while handling them with big success. Dated some guys after breaking up with a terrible boyfriend. I found a way not to feel and get hurt.

2015: Planning to get the hell out of this country and live freely.

Oopps. Forgot to add my bit. This years greatest achievement has to be with work having moved from being in the junior grade to the middle grade doctor (senior resident for those in the US system) learning to support the juniors and make complicated decisions was a steep learning curve but it has been a good one. Looking forward to what the next 5 years will bring.

Also learnt about how lucky I am with the friends and family (well man's side of the family) that I have that are so accepting and so giving. So lucky to have them in my life. As for my side of the family. I've finally accepted that they won't change and they will cause me nothing but heart ache if I continue to try to fulfil their demands.

For next year I do hope that they will grow to be more accepting, however I'll leave them their own space to do that to their own accord. We hopefully will have our own kid to look after by this time next year so got plenty to worry about ourselves.

Now everyone else's turn!

BlueStar Wrote:Great idea for a thread Wink

Well...

2014: Found out my sexuality, it took me a month or less to accept it. Came out to my friends while handling them with big success. Dated some guys after breaking up with a terrible boyfriend. I found a way not to feel and get hurt.

2015: Planning to get the hell out of this country and live freely.

That's amazing! Exciting times ahead....

ck86 Wrote:Oopps. Forgot to add my bit. This years greatest achievement has to be with work having moved from being in the junior grade to the middle grade doctor (senior resident for those in the US system) learning to support the juniors and make complicated decisions was a steep learning curve but it has been a good one. Looking forward to what the next 5 years will bring.

Also learnt about how lucky I am with the friends and family (well man's side of the family) that I have that are so accepting and so giving. So lucky to have them in my life. As for my side of the family. I've finally accepted that they won't change and they will cause me nothing but heart ache if I continue to try to fulfil their demands.

For next year I do hope that they will grow to be more accepting, however I'll leave them their own space to do that to their own accord. We hopefully will have our own kid to look after by this time next year so got plenty to worry about ourselves.

Now everyone else's turn!

That's great Smile

Forgot to add to my list too... By early January I'm going to finish writing my book, and edit it afterward during free time. Hope it brings me some success and a strong push forward in the long run XD

Heeey [MENTION=22126]ck86[/MENTION]

I would say that the biggest thing that happened in 2014 is changing my perspective on things around and figuring out what I value the most. I learned more about myself and that made me love myself and my partner even more.

I'm not so thrilled about 2015, it feels like it's going to be another "pause" year for me. I guess I'll just try to keep on what I'm doing, and not to try to kill myself or do something stupid like that.

So [MENTION=22126]ck86[/MENTION] as you know I'm knew here, I read your part and I didn't exactly understand what you mean about your family... is it about acceptance of your sexuality or something else?

[MENTION=21111]BlueStar[/MENTION] What's your book going to be about? Is it something erotic *wink, wink*

2014 was a good year, that unfortunately wasn't as good as I had hoped. It started awesome with me finally getting my greencard. My mistake of the year was to ask my psychiatrist in February to reduce my depression meds by 25%, one of 3. I tried it for 2 weeks and then crashed into a funk for about 4 months, that had me gain weight, work out less, even though I went back to full dosage after the 2 weeks.
My husband and I celebrated our first anniversary in August and 6 weeks later 21 years together. We went on a couple of great vacations, spent time with both our families who couldn't be more accepting and loving. Our relationship still feels strong and growing and together we managed to lose some weight since October.
My health has been great, nothing wrong physically, except for the bronchitis that has me on my back currently. Started taking antibiotics today.
My work has been unchanged, I like what I do and get along great with my colleagues and bosses.

As for 2015, I'd like to ask for "more of the same, please" as I'm very happy with where I'm at and not making THAT mistake again. We already have 2 vacations planned, in Feb. my parents will come for 3 weeks, which is their wedding present to us (we asked for it). I will continue my diet once I'm fit again and hope to lose more weight.
Bernd

Being gay is not for Sissies.

Just a wish for me for 2015.

From October of 2013 through October of 2014 I had 5 deaths in my life.

My uncle Angelo, my Aunt Viola, my uncle Francis, my friend Betty, and my friend/coworker Margaret.

After 5 deaths in one year's time, I'm hoping the Angel of Death decides not to glance at any of my family or friends this year.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

[MENTION=14580]CellarDweller[/MENTION] if we were each given one wish I'd throw you mine to make sure you got yours.

My goals for next year, for my physical and mental well being are:

• Getting a handle on routine medical stuff, after being focused on eye issues for so long
  • Stepping up my game exercise-wise back from post-surgery maintenance, including becoming a stronger swimmer in time for paddling season
  • Actively trying to resolve a few social situations, including one that I've sadly allowed to become a bit of an albatross for me.

CellarDweller Wrote:After 5 deaths in one year's time, I'm hoping the Angel of Death decides not to glance at any of my family or friends this year.

I wish for your wish to be true.

No time to reflect on 2014 - this week is gonna be the craziest at work. I'm just hoping to be able to hang on for dear life!