Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nice to meet you~
Hello,

My name is Nicholas! I've been a member on a couple of forums over the years so I figure what's one more? I'm 25 years old and have just started a Primary PGCE in the UK. It's going to take a year to complete, but once done, I should be a qualified primary school teacher which is pretty exciting! I'm also looking at applying for a 12 month English teacher position in Japan after I graduate before starting a career back home. I love to travel! I've been to various places in my lifetime but there is still so much I want to see. (I guess I'll have plenty time during British school holidays, eh?)

I'm originally from Lancashire, and besides living in Cardiff for three years while at Uni, I've lived here my whole life. I love music, reading, gaming (occasionally), spending time with friends and family, etc.

My favourite genre of books is definitely fantasy. My favourite authors include Raymond Feist, Trudi Canavan, Brandon Sanderson, J.K. Rowling, Rob Scott & Jay Gordon, Christopher Paolini, Cinda Williams Chima, Eoin Colfer and Kristen Britain. Let me know if you recognise any of the series by any of them - We'll probably have a lot to talk about!

My favourite films vary greatly, but the films I could watch on repeat include V for Vendetta, most Studio Ghibli films, Sister Act, Under The Tuscan Sun, and the staples such as Harry Potter, Star Wars, etc. As for TV, I love The Good Wife and a few Animes. The rest I could take or leave!

I love Alternative/Electronic music. A few of my favourites are Sia, Imogen Heap, Kate Bush, Marina & The Diamonds, Lissie, Belle and Sebastian, Goldfrapp, Gregory & The Hawk, Prince, Sara Bareilles, Portishead, Kate Havnevik, Bjork, etc.

It's nice to meet you!

Hey man! Great intro. Smile Welcome to GS. We have some music preferences in common (Sia, Portishead, especially). I look forward to seeing your posts joining in.

Welcome to GS !!!

Hello Nicholas! Welcome to GS.Wavey

:flirty-greetings-sm dude Smile nice to meet you too.

Thanks for a good intro! Welcome to the family. Wavey
Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart

Nicholas Wrote:Hello,My name is Nicholas! ...I'm also looking at applying for a 12 month English teacher position in Japan after I graduate before starting a career back home. I love to travel!

There's at least two other GS members who have done the year of teaching abroad. One I know for sure was ESLTeacher (http://gayspeak.com/member.php?u=16836) who taught in China.

Best wishes!!
Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart

Welcome to GS

Welcome, enjoy GS, lots of great people here.

Welcome to the forum!
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!