Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Night and Day
I came out to my little sister a couple years ago. we are very close like you and your brother and when she's home from school we're pretty much inseparable. she has gay friends so I knew she wasn't homophobic but the night I was going to come out to her I overheard heard her talking to my father telling him that she's getting tired of hanging around gay people and I didn't do it.

I introduced a whole new type of gay person to her though, her gay friends were very effeminate and gossiped a lot and I'm the complete opposite. so I finally came out to her through text after she left for college and she was shocked that her masculine, sports loving, mister fix-it big brother is gay. she text me are you serious? about five times but nothing changed between us, actually it didn't even feel weird when we hung out again. like there was no elephant in the room. its still going to be freakishly hard but if he really loves you everything will work out fine.

Being gay doesn't mean not being a man. Nor does it mean that you are effeminate. There are many ways that people are gay. One of the manliest man could be gay and one of the most effeminate guys can be straight. The beauty is, there's diversity. So, if you really care being the big brother. Be honest to him. There is nothing selfish about thinking about yourself time to time. Plus, the way you describe how your little brother means to you sounds like you deserve to be selfish for once. And your little brother should accept that part of you. Because after all, he is you brother, and you stick you head out for his back, it's only fair if he sticks it out for you.