Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No Homos In Heaven?
This vid was just posted that I thought would interest some people here (for those who get as disgusted by the church scene as I did and want to skip you can jump ahead to 2:00):

Quote:The congregation of the Apostolic Truth Tabernacle in Greensburg, Indiana responded to a child singing "ain't no homo gonna make it to heaven" by jumping to their feet, hooting and clapping their hands.

Where I found the story:
http://www.dangerousminds.net/comments/c...nt_no_homo...

The video in question:

The Church's Contact Page:
http://www.apostolictruthtabernacle.net/contact_us

The Church's Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Apostolic...burg-IN/71...
UPDATE 30 May 10:20PM Dublin time: THIS PAGE HAS GONE OFFLINE AND IS NO LONGER VIEWABLE. PLEASE REGISTER YOUR FEELINGS ON THEIR CONTACT PAGE INSTEAD

Dan Savage comments on the incident:
http://thenewcivilrightsmovement.com/dan...5/30/40271

UPDATE: The Church has released the following statement on their homepage:

http://www.apostolictruthtabernacle.net/

"5/30/12 - The Pastor and members of Apostolic Truth Tabernacle do not condone, teach, or practice hate of any person for any reason. We believe and hope that every person can find true Bible salvation and the mercy and grace of God in their lives. We are a strong advocate of the family unit according to the teachings and precepts found in the Holy Bible. We believe the Holy Bible is the Divinely-inspired Word of God and we will continue to uphold and preach that which is found in scripture."

So there it is, they don't teach hate, they just encourage their kids to sing songs about how homos are all going to hell. Silly me!

I don't have FB so I can't comment (I may try their contact page later). As my own personal request I'd like it if the comments could be done so that they can't be used to show how vulgar and hateful we are, though I'm certain enough others will do so that it won't really matter. I understand profanity and the like, however, I just like to keep a little more higher ground than those who hate us.

And some Christians complain that they're judged by obnoxious jerks like this, and this is a good time for them to post as well. Most people don't associate Westboro with normal Christianity because Christendom has soundly condemned them (not for their antigay bigotry, not even when they crashed the funeral of Matthew Shepard, however, but their anti-soldier signs and thanking God for 9/11), so it's obvious that the bad apples can be pointed out when enough Christians decide that they ARE bad apples. Here's a chance to do so. If enough Christians admonished people like this then churches like that won't be associated with mainstream Christianity any more than Westboro is.

And note, this is the same town where Billy Lucas committed suicide a couple of years ago after antigay bullying.

Oh, a video from NotInMyName.

Is it any surprise that there's some extreme conservative churches that do this?
I find it sad that voicing offence to this has probably made their resolute stronger.
Many Christians believe when they are speaking the truth the devil makes people hate them for it.

That's right, Christianity has a built in "You just hate me because i'm right" belief; at least in the more extreme circles.
The kind of "logic" normally used by insecure infants when they can't stand criticism.

Sickening.
Absolutely sickening.
Silly Sarcastic So-and-so

As any one who looks at my past posts will know I am rarely short of words. However I am genuinely lost for words.
In fact I can only think of a single word to say at the moment: unchristian.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

hey! now i don't know about you, but i'm pretty sure "thou shalt use thy children to spread hate and intolerance" isn't one of the commandmentsRolleyes.

I think this is the same church, a continuing story:

[COLOR="Blue"](Newser) – A video of a 4-year-old boy singing "Ain’t no homo gonna make it to heaven" in front of his cheering Indiana church has gone viral—and now the Apostolic Truth Tabernacle Church is dealing with some unpleasant fallout, reports the New York Daily News. The church has been barraged by nasty phone calls and even death threats. In response, the church says it is on "lockdown," with members guarding the building around the clock, and pastor Jeff Sangl and his wife took off suddenly on vacation yesterday without telling anyone where they were going.

“Of course we applauded a child who is singing a song about God,” one member of the congregation tells TMZ."If we don’t teach the children the truth early they will never learn." The original lyrics of the song, by the late leader of America's largest black Pentecostal church, condemned drinking and adultery with verses like "You can't make it to heaven with a sweetheart and a wife," notes the Daily Mail[/COLOR]

reference:
http://www.newser.com/story/147095/churc...viral.html

The best way to poison an inocent child's heart... Send them to church!

That video got me sick! Poor child.

Id punch that stupid child mutiple times and then his family , then the priest , retards

i dont blame the child at all, its just simple brainwashing by the church, start them young with just simple songs then gradually increase the hatred as the child grows - lets hope these churches do not find a way to justify suicide bombings or theyll be strapping a backpack onto these kids and sending them to blow up the nearly gay bar

TomStatic Wrote:Id punch that stupid child mutiple times and then his family , then the priest , retards

Why continuate violence and hate, especially involving children, when you can try to make a change within yourself, to make a change in the world.

"Be the change you want to see in the world"

Do you want to see children punched or abused at all for that matter?

My 5 siblings were raised in the church and say they do not approve of 2 men together, yet my brothers like lesbians and they have me for a big brother.

My brother[the 2nd oldest-15] actually told me once, he wants to spend our entire afterlives in heaven together, and I was like; "Geez, I'm tired of you now... more? Spare me!!!" Wink

But the point is, the only gay guy they even accept is me and from me, they may hopefully come to accept others, and all I've ever done was be myself and not try to change their views or beat it into them.

I don't agree with violence or totalitarianistic views on how things should be, rather, just being and existing how you think the world should be, which hopefully is a peaceful and happy existance.

Even if it's not this lifetime, the next or 100life times from now, the world will never be perfect, but you can atleast try to make it as pleasant for everyone as you can, even when your individuality is judged and ridicules to your right to freedom of expression.

But that's just me. Blame my Momma :tongue: .

i have a fear of kids so this made me not like them even more