Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No idea what comes next
This might be a bit deep but I just don't know what to do. I currently have a really good job and have been self sufficient for a year now. This was my initial goal after graduating university as living with family was a nightmare (They don't care I'm gay. there are OTHER reasons). I just can't fathom what would be next. Eventually a partner would be nice but I haven't really been trying lately because of a lack of self confidence. My job is challenging and I learn new things everyday so I don't intend to leave for a while. I don't care about wealth or material possessions since I already make more than my parents do ( I grew up on food stamps). I'm in a bit of a slump. What drives you to bother waking up in the morning? Maybe some of the older folks with more life experience can advise me.

What comes next is approximately 40 years of the same thing every day until you are forced to retire with no income, no medical care and no support system other than yourself beause that is what the Republicans have planned for you.

In the meantime, I suggest you get a library card.
I bid NO Trump!

Learn a musical instrument
Plan and begin your retirement savings
Cultivate a strong circle of friends
Learn to draw
Join a gym or a sports team
Plan a trip to a foreign country
Pick up a new hobby and get good at it
Volunteer at an animal shelter, a soup kitchen, a local environmental group, or a gay youth center
Learn a foreign language
Hike to the highest point in your state and each adjoining state

After you finish all that, get back to me for more ideas!

[MENTION=23903]MajorasMasc[/MENTION], Camfer is right. It's a habit of his.

If you don't follow his scenario you will end up in mine.
I bid NO Trump!

You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?

Go get yourself a little furry lovable dog... It will fill up that emptiness that leaves you wondering why you exist.

Sin-cerely,
Jim
We Have Elvis !!

You're not in a slump. You barely graduated college and you have good job where you are blessed to learn something new everyday, that means it stimulates your brain, something not everyone has with work. I think you are getting ahead of yourself. Enjoy where you are at the moment and life will happen, both planned and unplanned.

What gets me motivated career-wise is being involved in the life of others, since I am very much a people person.

Slump = breathing space...

You've achieved your short lifes goals, and wonder what's next...

Well, whatever it is you want to achieve. Make friends, find love, do stuff to fill in the boring bits.

My current hobbies really only include video games (clearly). My problem may stem from the fact that I never expected to ever end up so fortunate in the first place. Unfortunately, I can't even take care of myself so I'm not responsible enough for a pet. It just feels a bit empty being alone all the time. No family or friends and I live alone. Currently, my job is the only real reason I even go outside.

I'd be wiling to bet that the root of your problem is social isolation. I've already addressed that in my prior post.

I've never really thought of video games as a hobby. That's like calling watching television a hobby. But anyway I suggested starting a new hobby, so buying Fallout 5 when it comes out doesn't really contribute to getting you out of this state. Smile