Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No job partner
How would you feel about your partner not working ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Employment is tough to obtain, at least here in the States.

If he was actively looking for a job and wasn't sitting on his ass eating Cheetos or something, I wouldn't have a problem with it. Not his fault....just as long as he keeps putting effort into looking for a job.

Unemployment is an unfortunate fact of life, I can live with it to a certain extent. What I will not tolerate is a lazy prick sitting on welfare and not even trying to find work.

There is a difference between unemployment and laziness, as long as it's not a combination of those two then I'm fine.

At the same time, I'm 17 so... Doesn't affect me just yet.

gmerdude Wrote:How would you feel about your partner not working ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Depends...is he just lazy? Is he hurt? Is he sick?

if your unemployed you are not allowed to be gay.
its your decision; tho once you give him your decision can you be confidant with your decision and never bring it up again. What ever the decision keep it simple.

It wouldn't be financially possible...and even if it was, which is possible after university, considering I'm becoming a nurse, I wouldn't like it. I'd basically be giving my boyfriend an allowance... no thanks.

*Exceptions apply, of course. Like I'm not planning on dumping my future boyfriend if he gets hit by a car and loses everything.

I have lost my job
Of 5 years while with my partner.
It only took 1 month and a half to find another
But it was tough and thankfully I had $ saved to cover me
But my partner stuck it out and was very supportive and I would
Do the same. It's one thing to not have a job and just lay on your ***
Waiting for handouts then to actually put effort into finding another job

It really depends on other things, it's not the only thing I look at. Furthermore I can count certain things in monetary value. For example, people pay a lot for personal assistants, housecleaning services, food prepared for them, and comedy, so if someone is willing to do all these services and can make me laugh, too, then no, he or she is contributing. Of course I might not be able to afford it in which case the said person is still SOL, but if I can then that does count as contributing to me.

And hypothetically speaking if I read someone's works like say Rowlings when she was on welfare (who wrote the Harry Potter series), or Robert Anton Wilson (whom I think brilliant and even historically worthy, at least potentially so, and he was on welfare until he made it as an author) and they threw their energy into that then I'd also be willing to cut some slack for that as well.

But to tolerate an actual slacker I'd have to be wealthy enough that money wasn't an issue AND she (or even he) would have to have other things to offer, such as amusement.

It depends on the partner, if the person expects you to pay for things then no way.

My partner helps with his families business but the money isn't very regular. I would technically call him unemployed.

I've been paying rent for both of us and buy most of the food. I have no problems with it but then I can afford it. (money buying happiness who would have thought? lol)