Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No more hope
You HAVE got to be kidding me... You will never find love? Are you serious? I mean , i know you said that you don't want a preach about how young you are and bla bla . But, man! That's the pure truth , and maybe you are not doing it well in finding a target ! Or maybe you fall in love quick! And i think that you shouldn't be searching so hard for love! Search friends instead Big Grin , like me! Haha , if you read this let me now with a personal message if you want me as a friend Smile , love is all, but not necesaary a lover's love! A friend's love, a mother's love would make you feel so blessed Smile

aethe Wrote:I don't know if anyone still remember, 2 years ago, I made a topic about losing hope. During that moment, everyone was very supportive, and those comment cheered me up. I really believed I would eventually find love. However, I'm in my 19, turning 20 next year, and I still no where close to finding any love.

The funny thing is, this time, I don't even have a target anymore... Every time i do have a target, it turns out the other guy is straight. It's really depressing knowing that the person you fall for would never love you, and it's even more painful when it's constant. It's weird because I still cry but laugh in the same time.

The most depressing thing is that the moment when I realised that I'm the person who was bully throughout my primary - High school, I was too shy to make much friends and people often called me naive because they don't really know me. If I had so much trouble making friends, and if people went to the point to bully me, why would anyone ever love someone like me.

Oh well... I'm done with finding a relationship, never going to happen to me. Anyway, feel nice to talk about it. Don't bother giving me a pep talk about how I'm still young or it'll eventually happen, because it won't.

What is wrong with being okay by yourself?

"Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate"

"Abandon all hope, ye who enter here."
Nice to see that others have abandoned hope. I feel for you, I know how old men such as ourselves with the majority of our lives behind us have to give up on the silly notion of hope.

I mean if you were oh 20-ish you would have decades of life ahead of you, now that you are pushing 100 hard its clear you only have minutes left in order to find 'that man'...

You are right. You are young, as am I. Im 22 years old and have never dated anyone. Ive had random one night drunken stands, but there is a difference in having sex, and having love. I have a friend that is 27 years old, and the most socially awkward person i know, and he is dating someone that absolutely loves him. I know you feel bad for yourself sweetie, and I felt bad for myself too. Its easier to accept pain and anguish than it is to accept joy and happiness, thats why depression us a very prevalent issue. This may not be what you want to hear, but you should consider seeing a therapist. The nice thing about seeing a therapist is that you can tell them anything and they wont tell anyone or judge you. I think that when you are able to have better self esteem and a total better outlook on yourself, you will be more attractive to others. I suggest may an LGBT club, or online dating, it works for straight people, and it works for us folks too. Just understand you will find your love, it just may take some time. But when you do, none of this will matter anymore.

Stay strong and stay positive hunny,
Huggs

Well, I'll skip the pep talk and be to the point:

1) Try and be patient

2) Try and stay optimistic

3) Try and not top yourself, or dwell on the idea.

4) Try and find other things to do to keep your mind preoccupied and stress levels low.

Good luck.Confusedmile:

It's natural to feel like that. I'm even younger than you are and sometimes I feel the same way, mainly because my interests and the things that mean something to me seem to differ from most other people.

But emotions aren't always rational so even if you feel like you're destined to be alone forever you have to realize that, logically speaking, that's not going to happen. It's way too early to denounce any possibility of finding love. You seem to have lots of things to come to terms with. You can either try and do it yourself, or with the help of someone you trust. There's nothing wrong with asking for help. But at the same time, pitying yourself will do absolutely nothing. And I don't mean to sound accusative but that's what you're doing, just like a lot of people (myself included) sometimes do.

Cheer up and good luck! Smile

How about this for a piece of good advice: Confusedmile:

or you might prefer this swingier version by Frank Sinatra.... (not my preference, to be honest)

Develop good friends regardless if they seem like a potential partner. Recognize your strengths and work on your weaknesses. Don't rush on finding your love. Heck, I'm 25, and I'm still finding my love. We have all our lives to find that special someone.

I'm sorry that you were bullied. The people who bullied you have more problems than you.