Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advice about a relationship please.
Okay, so this guy who I've been flirting with for six or so months, since we worked together before christmas, is a really nice guy. Apparently not many people like him from what I've heard, but he's always been great to me, which makes me like him more because it sounds like he makes an effort with me.
Anyway, he comes over for 'coffee' and we start making out and whatever. Soon we move onto something a little more and I just am not attracted to him at all. It's not his personality, as I said he's nice to me and he obviously liked me, but I just didn't like him sexually I guess. Basically it got really, really awkward and he was like, 'I better go,' and we got dressed and he left in a huge cloud of awkward mess.
Now I still like him, and I want us to stay friends, maybe even continue the flirty banter we both put on, but I don't know if that can happen. What do I say to him? He could obviously tell that I just wasn't attracted to him, and apparently from the results of our little session... he was attracted to me, now I feel like I've hurt his feelings and I can't help the situation at all. What do I do?

Perhaps you shouldn't have been flirting with him in the first place and perhaps he figured that out and thought wow this guy is flirting with me so I am not going to be a dick to him. Perhaps you shouldn't have gotten to the point of making out with him if you are not attracted to him. You probably should have told him flat out that you aren't attracted to him and that you just want to be friends and thats it. Yet that is just my opinion. I think communication is the KEY to everything.

The best thing to do is to ask him about it, to clear the air and find out he's feeling. If he truly likes you romantically, then you should strictly tell him you want friendship only and then stop the flirting. It wouldn't be fair to flirt with him if he likes you.

You can still be friends, he might need time to get used to the idea (he might have hoped for more) but if you guys have a good friendship/chemistry then there's no reason why you cant be friends.

Jason74, I seriously didn't know that I wasn't attracted to him, I would not flirt with someone I'm not attracted to, not in a shallow way, but just because it's literally setting out to hurt someone. When I met him I was going through a phase where I wouldn't let myself be attracted to anyone, so he kinda fell under the radar, and because he was so nice I was attracted to his personality, and probably misread my own emotions. Also, I didn't start flirting with him, I'm to shy to do that. Looking at what I should have done doesn't help, hindsight is a royal bitch, I need to find a way now to tell him I still want to be friends.
CustomMadeKid, I'll try that, thanks. I agree that the flirting thing might have to drop off the face of the planet, but I will miss the banter.
(The real kicker in all of it is that this is the first guy I could actually see myself having a relationship with in a long, long time, it's a bit crappy to know that that won't happen even if I somehow became attracted to him, the moment when it became obvious that I wasn't was one of the most awkward in my life).
Thank you both for trying to help though, I knew posting on here was a good idea, you're both great!