Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No sex for a month. What you think?
I think that relationships are as individual as the people in them....so I don't have the definitive answer.....but I agree it is a flawed premise as well.

The thing is..it would help to define "love"...and if you DO manage to define love which is no an easy task.....it will evolve and change as most everything does in life.....

If in the end of it all if it helps a couple make it work then I am all for it...to sum it all up
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

By the power invested in your dominant hand you may attempt this quest.
I bid NO Trump!

Maybe February? It's 10% shorter than October.

Sure go for it you might even end up enjoying it. Just remember to stock up on hand-lotion.

As long as you are in agreement and he is not deciding unilaterally for you guys, then why not?

Do you mind if I ask how your relationship started? I mean, if it was a hook up or you had sex really quickly in the relationship, his concerns about whether it's love or sex might be valid. Although, I can't imagine after six months that he doesn't have some idea how he feels because you must do more than just have sex, right?

BTW, are you allowed to jack off privately during the month?

Normally,,, having sex with your boyfriend/husband increases the feelings of intimacy and connection,,, thus creating a stronger bond between a couple.

If I was young and my husband suggested such a course of action,,,, the first thing that would pop-up in my mind would be: why does he not want to have sex with me? Does he not find me attractive anymore? Has he had unprotected sex with someone else and is withholding sex from me until he can get the results back from being tested for STD's?

At any rate, I think it is nice that you two are delving into a deeper understanding of one another. It should be enlightening...

Sin-cerely,
Lost-in-contemplation
Jimerooo
We Have Elvis !!

There is clearly more to this than it seems, if you love each other then the amount of sex that you two have should make no difference at all.

To ask to have no sex for a month to make sure that he loves you and then say that he definitely does is actually sending you mixed messages that he is struggling with the relationship in some way. This needs to be discussed rather than just opting for a no sex phase, you need to question your boyfriend about how he is feeling and what his actual concerns are in my opinion.

Could there be more to and like [MENTION=11919]jimcrackcorn[/MENTION] I too did think about the STD thing but if there's nothing else really going wrong then I would keep those suspicions at bay, at least for the time being.

I mean if it were me you know I'd just like to keep things simple, why put someone you're "officially" with through some test to prove something when the test really proves nothing at all. You either trust someone or you don't you either love someone or you don't... that's basically what it comes down to. Yeah you can kind of trust someone but you can choose to withhold things just like you can be unsure about whether you truly love someone but that uncertainty typically causes problems... The uncertainty and worrying about it at least in my experience does cause problem.

We humans are highly illogical....
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

I don't really see what's the point here..., what have to do loving someone with not having sex? You could see it the other way round..., if you love me are you going to force me to live without sex one month?
What will be the nex test? If you love me you'd wear a Burkini 24 hours a day? Or if you live me you'd stop watching tv?